boatyard vs lobster alive vs accra beach?

OC PAT

Hello,

We are in our 60's and will be there in November on a cruise. We do not swing or jump on anything. We like to snorkel, some swimming and catch some rays. We need an umbrella, chairs, a bathroom, wash off shower and some refreshment. Which would you recommend and why? It seems these beaches are next to each other. Boatyard requires an admission fee for use of their facilities and a return trip. The other two beaches are about the same taxi cost and rent chairs and umbrellas for about the same cost. We have been to the Boatyard several years ago so I am just trying to figure out if we should check out one of the other two beaches that sound like they would be quieter.

Your time and response are appreciated.

We love Accra, but would not be my choice for snorkeling...beautiful sand...there are good beverage and food places...on the boardwalk there is tapas forr something a little nicer, or across the street, we go to just grillin for a flying fish sandwich...plus plenty of places for drinks....no crazy activities going on..just relaxing and swimming....

We got a couple chairs and an umbrella at Lobsters Alive. It got really busy,but the water and sand are beautiful and you can swim out to snorkel with the turtles right from here. Many of the tour boats that charge $20 go out here but you can swim there for free. It really isn't that far out at all. :) there were bathrooms and drinks right here as well....or you could walk a very short distance for MUCH cheaper beer (looking at the water, it was to the left of lobster alive) and bring it back to your chair :)

At the south end of Accra/Rockley, 100 yards straight out from the Tiki Bar, is a man-made "reef". If you like to snorkel, you will find fish and sometimes turtles there - especially in the morning.

There is a slight current, but my dad had no problems swimming it at 74 years old...

Cheers, P:)

• 3 weeks later...

Decisions. Sounds like Boatyard is the best deal: $5.00 taxi and $15.00 admission which includes taxi ride return, 2 chairs, 1 umbrella, 2 drinks. Lobster Alive and Accra are a bit more in Taxi. Accra is further away but might have some snorkeling. The boatyard is louder than Lobster Alive and Accra is peaceful. All have bathrooms, chairs and umbrellas.

Thanks for your contributions. Anyone else?

Decisions. Sounds like Boatyard is the best deal: $5.00 taxi and $15.00 admission which includes taxi ride return, 2 chairs, 1 umbrella, 2 drinks. Lobster Alive and Accra are a bit more in Taxi. Accra is further away but might have some snorkeling. The boatyard is louder than Lobster Alive and Accra is peaceful. All have bathrooms, chairs and umbrellas.

Thanks for your contributions. Anyone else?

where did you find $15 admission for Boatyard. When I go to their site I only see $50 admission

http://www.theboatyard.com/pview2.html?pg=2

Edited by tlreze

where did you find $15 admission for Boatyard. When I go to their site I only see $50 admission

http://www.theboatyard.com/pview2.html?pg=2

The fine print says that is for permanent residents and it's some kind of inclusive group pricing.

Boatyard has always offered a simple "day pass" for 12-15.00US that includes an umbrella and a couple chairs and a ride back to the ship. I think it used to include one drink also.

• 4 months later...