Couldn't "pre-load" money on a Cash OnBoard Account

LUVtheNW

None of my business really, but why don't you purchase the drink packages now before you board? That way you don't have to wait in line and the sticker will already be on your card.

Yes, that's what I meant to say in my Post #16. I got distracted while making the post (by my boss no less!!) and forgot to add that part. I'll just buy those online here in the next day or so. Then use my $225 OBC that I already got at the time of booking for my Internet and incidentals (that shouldn't amount to much....)

Thanks everyone!

Just be careful because there's refundable OBC (such as when you buy it directly in advance, many travel agent related bonuses, etc), and non-refundable OBC (such as some bonus offers direct from RC, and some travel agent deals, etc).

In almost every case the non-refundable OBC should get used up first, but I think there's some obscure situations where it doesn't...

For my upcoming cruise, I will have $200 OBC that is non-refundable, and then $500 OBC that is, because I bought it. So I know I have to blow through the $200 for sure, or lose it. And any remaining of the $500 I know will go back on my CC.