Cabin Across From Launderette on QE

RMVET

We have been offered a cabin on Deck 5 on the Queen Elizabeth across from the launderette. It would be a two-grade upgrade for us (from BD to BB, aft to midships).

Has anyone had experience with this cabin on this deck or across from the launderette on any deck. Will it be noisy? Do you hear passengers coming and going into the launderette?

It will be convenient having the launderette close by, but not if it is a noisy area.

Thanks,

Grace

We have been offered a cabin on Deck 5 on the Queen Elizabeth across from the launderette. It would be a two-grade upgrade for us (from BD to BB, aft to midships).

Has anyone had experience with this cabin on this deck or across from the launderette on any deck. Will it be noisy? Do you hear passengers coming and going into the launderette?

It will be convenient having the launderette close by, but not if it is a noisy area.

Thanks,

Grace

Usually it's still pertty quiet. You'll hear some "noise" from the machines,but it is not annoying.

Reports vary but we were on Deck 8 on QE across from the laundry and we did find it noisy. We are not particularly early risers on holiday and we were disturbed several times. We discovered that our neighbours liked to shout to each other whilst one of them was doing the washing & the other was in the cabin.

I also had to shut the door after it had been propped open.

I wouldn't choose that cabin but it was a Saver Fare so you get what you are given.

The launderettes have "Opening Hours" and are locked up outside of these with all the machines turned off. If you get up in the morning at a reasonable hour and retire at night at sensible hours you will be fine. It is a handy place to keep sticking your head in if you have a formal shirt to iron late on during the relevant day. You might very occasionally get trouble makers like Host Hattie

has suggested.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

We did use the launderette quite a bit as we were using the gym most days. The door was very heavy and I agree with HH that you could be affected by this opening and closing. There was also a request in our daily programme asking people to keep the noise down near the launderettes, so I expect there had been complaints.

Thank you to all who responded. We decided to request a different cabin and got it. Not as convenient to the launderette, but close enough when we want to use it. We didn't want to tempt fate that we might be witness to some launderette brawls.

Thank you to all who responded. We decided to request a different cabin and got it. Not as convenient to the launderette, but close enough when we want to use it. We didn't want to tempt fate that we might be witness to some launderette brawls.

I would not have worried. We had a QG suite opposite the laundrette on QE on part of the World cruise - no noise at all - just very convenient.

The launderettes have "Opening Hours" and are locked up outside of these with all the machines turned off. If you get up in the morning at a reasonable hour and retire at night at sensible hours you will be fine. It is a handy place to keep sticking your head in if you have a formal shirt to iron late on during the relevant day. You might very occasionally get trouble makers like Host Hattie

has suggested.

Regards John

Good work with the return key John, I nearly choked on my bedtime cocoa!

Edited by Host Hattie