What to do here with 5 kids 5 and under?!

danadi18

I'm sailing to Tortola in December and this is the port that I'm most looking forward to visiting. Does anyone have any great ideas for a big group that will have 5 kids 5 and under? I really want to do that Baths but do you think it will be too much?

An excursion to the Baths is tough with a large group and with 5 toddlers! Tortola is a gorgeous island and perhaps a tour with a van taxi would be an option. If your group is too large you'd have to go with a safari taxi which would pose problems. Can the group split with some going to the baths and some staying on Tortola?

Danadi18, by the way welcome to the cruise critic forums!

And the Baths excursion is doable, you may just have to carry the kids down part of the path and in some areas of the boulders.

It looks like you're in port from 8 - 4 (unless your itinerary says different) and are docked with the Costa Magica. So there will be many people looking at an excursion to the baths. But Costa is in port from 9 - 6, and if you can get a ferry to Virgin Gorda before the Costa folks that would be great. You could take the ferry on your own, or perhaps consider the ship excursion to the Baths if you think that might be easier for the group.

Good luck! If the Baths excursion looks to be too overwhelming for the group Tortola is a nice island for a tour and perhaps a beach stop.

Thank you so much for all the info! I'm a photographer, so the Baths really appeals to me and I'll split the group of I have to! Haha. Thanks again ;)

Yes that is a great photo op! If you're able and have time ask the driver to swing by an overlook to Savannah Bay, very nice. A tour of Tortola also provides amazing bay and island views from the mountain top in case you stay on Tortola.

• 3 weeks later...