Is a romper ok in the MDR?

thehams

Are you under 25 year old and in excel let physical shape. You look very good in a bikini and could pose for Victoria Secrets? If so, go for it. If not bad idea.

I've been on a fancy ship where a 20 something woman with exactly that fine figure and beautiful hair, wearing a really elegant top (some sort of gold silk brocade) with a matching short, was allowed in a specialty restaurant. I think the maître d' at the entrance was so dazzled he didn't look at her legs. :)

Whoa whoa there, I just asked a honest question. They are not shorts, it's a romper, which had me a little confused.

No need for harshness, but thanks :)

My teen daughter wore a romper for our Alaskan cruise and we got another one that I think she will wear to Norway next year. In my opinion it depends on the romper - does it look more like a dress?

A romper is NOT shorts, many times they are easily as dressy as a dress.

2927071_fpx.tif?wid=262&hei=320&fit=fit,1&$filterxlrg$

Edited by MNfamilycruiser

My teen daughter wore a romper for our Alaskan cruise and we got another one that I think she will wear to Norway next year. In my opinion it depends on the romper - does it look more like a dress?

A romper is NOT shorts, many times they are easily as dressy as a dress.

2927071_fpx.tif?wid=262&hei=320&fit=fit,1&$filterxlrg$

These are still shorts, whether they're attached to the top or not.

When you have to split hairs so finely, it begs for someone to say, "if it walks like a duck......... " :) I think we all know what shorts by any other name look like.

are jeans, yoga pants, dress pants, khakis, dressy pantsuits, leggings, cargo pants all the same too?

To me all these items have different names because they ARE different, they have different uses and are intended to be worn to different occasions.

The romper I showed (remember this is for a 16/17 yr old girl) is not the same as a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. The only difference between that romper and a dress are the pieces of fabric that go between the legs. I truly don't understand how that could make it unacceptable in the MDR.