Fort Lauderdale on Allure

Cruisin'Kim

Hi everyone, we're on the Allure in January from Fort Lauderdale. We've left from Fort Lauderdale a few times, but never when the Allure or Oasis was in port. We're staying at Embassy Suites and right now have their cruise package which includes the shuttle to the ship. We took the package as I had heard from many that it's difficult to get a taxi when the bigger ships are leaving due to the larger # of people. Going by past experience, usually the earliest hotel shuttle to the port is leaving at 11:00 or later, and I've also been reading that people are getting on the ship within 1/2 an hour when arriving at the port earlier than that. I was just wondering what everyone that has been on Allure or Oasis from Fort Lauderdale thoughts are on this? If we can get a taxi without a long wait we'll go that route, but if people are mistaken and you have to wait until at least 11:00 or so before they allow people to start boarding (which has been the case a few times with us), then we may as well keep it simple and take the shuttle.

We stayed at Hilton Garden last Oct and their first shuttle left at 9 and made a few stops at other properties. We arrived by 945, checked in, got upstairs to the waiting area, and boarding started around 11. We sit for about an hour in the port as it was quick to check in. We went on Allure and never felt there were so many people in the process or on the ship. They have the process down well.