for those with trouble with traditional mask and snork

Capt_BJ

http://www.thesnorkl.com/#top

mask_exomask_swlcgu.jpg

"Exploring the world’s treasures in crystal clear oceans can be an exhilarating experience. But not if you feel like you’re drowning from wearing snorkels that are difficult to use and constantly steaming up.

Following years of research and a few Kickstarters attempts, we came with the finale answer: the Snorkl lets you breathe through your nose to combat this problem and make first-timers feel like they’re professionals."

(not an advertisement ... I have no connection to this product or company nor can I comment on its performance. This is simply something I found on the web, and am passing along)

Edited by Capt_BJ

I had no idea they make full face masks for snorkels!

I wonder how effective the air exchange is- do you have to breathe heavily to make sure to clear the old air well enough to get in new air?

I wonder how hard it is to get a good fit on one of these. I guess, being on the surface, a leak wouldn't be as bad as a full face mask leak on scuba (in which case you have to transition to a traditional back up) but it would be a pretty big annoyance.

I hate breathing out of my mouth (scuba at least taught me to breathe in from it; but while I can exhale from my nose in scuba it doesn't seem to work for snorkeling for me), so this would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw them used in Hawaii last week and everyone was pleased with them.

I use a mask with a purge under my nose so I can breathe out through my nose. It's also very helpful when I have to rinse the mask while it's on me.

• 2 weeks later...

My DW and I own these masks. We like them. When we're not cruising, we use these masks at the YMCA to swim laps. We get a lot of curious looks and questions.

BTW: We bought ours on Ebay. Much cheaper and free shipping.

Edited by dizkid