Jerk chicken being sold at Seagrapes Public Beach

CocoCandy

Just wanted to mention that when I visited Grand Cayman last week, one of the famous jerk chicken places ( I think it was Seymour's, but could have been Rankin's), now has a small outpost at Seagrapes free public beach ( next to Calico Jack's).

The food stand was located right near the covered little huts at the main entrance of Seagrapes where the sidewalk comes in from the parking lot.

I thought I would mention it in case people who planned a day at Seagrapes may have wanted to get some jerk chicken in town like us, but were worried about time constraints.

Edited by CocoCandy

Thanks for the heads up! Can you tell me a little more about Seagrapes? How far from the pier? Cost of taxi? What is there to do there?

Thanks so much!

Seagrapes is the free ( no entrance fee) public beach on Seven Mile that is about 10 to 15 minutes taxi or bus ride from the pier.

There are first-come, first serve covered huts ( open air/no walls) rights on the beach with concrete benches.

There are chair, umbrella, and water sport ( jet ski) rentals there.

You can also open a towel right on the beach and lay there without paying a dime :)

Calico Jack's (CJ's) beach bar is also right there. If you have purchased a drink with them, you have the right to sit at their shaded picnic tables while you swim. CJ's also has restrooms and separate changing rooms as well.

It will cost you $4 or $5 US per person each way in a taxi depending on how many in your party each way from the pier. Those leave right from the pier.

You can take the public bus there as well for $2.50 US per person each way. The bus leaves from the public bus depot near the pier. I believe someone posted detailed instructions in another thread on exact directions on how to walk to the bus from the pier.

My husband has had the jerk chicken from the woman vendor there and it was delicious. We do not rent our loungers from CJ's, we rent from the vendors that are closer to the bathrooms and where this vendor with the chicken is. There loungers are in much better shape than the ones at CJ, or at least they were the last 2 times we have been there. We will be there again in Dec so will see how they are this time.

• 2 months later...
Just wanted to mention that when I visited Grand Cayman last week, one of the famous jerk chicken places ( I think it was Seymour's, but could have been Rankin's), now has a small outpost at Seagrapes free public beach ( next to Calico Jack's).

The food stand was located right near the covered little huts at the main entrance of Seagrapes where the sidewalk comes in from the parking lot.

I thought I would mention it in case people who planned a day at Seagrapes may have wanted to get some jerk chicken in town like us, but were worried about time constraints.

Searching the forums and found this thread. Great info!!

Has anyone tried this place out since OP made us aware? Can't seem to find out the name of the place by googling, etc. Would be nice to see a pic of their menu, like the pics that I have seen posted of Seymour's.

Thanks again CocoCandy!!

Searching the forums and found this thread. Great info!!

Has anyone tried this place out since OP made us aware? Can't seem to find out the name of the place by googling, etc. Would be nice to see a pic of their menu, like the pics that I have seen posted of Seymour's.

Thanks again CocoCandy!!

You're welcome! I just thought it would make planning lunch easier for those who wanted to visit the beach and also get jerk chicken :)

I don't know if I can say this here, but maybe try posting in the tripadvisor forums for Grand Cayman under Seven Mile Beach and a local may help out by taking a picture the next time they visit the public beach/ Calico Jack's area?

PS: There seems to be a thread there called 2015 Seymour's Jerk Chicken, so maybe someone can give more info because it appears to be Seymour who is selling the jerk chicken at the public beach on cruise ship days.

Edited by CocoCandy