Cabin Change on B2B. Big Hassle?

pamwinn

I have a balcony on one leg and a mini on the second leg. It's too much money for a mini on both legs and I don't want to give up the mini on the second leg. My question is how much of a hassle is it when changing cabins on a B2B? The cabins are on different decks but I did arrange for them to be in the same area and side of the ship. How big is the hassle on turn around day? Am I going to have to pack everything that is not hanging up?

Did it last year on the Pacific; small ship made it very easy, but did go from deck 6 to deck 8. All hanging items went on rack; threw toiletries and other sundries into a suitcase and placed on rack. Laid all folded clothes into another suitcase and placed on rack. No big deal. We moved ourselves instead of waiting for crew help. Introduced ourselves to new cabin steward in advance and he cleaned our new cabin as soon as it was vacated, giving us the opportunity to move right in.

You'll love your mini no matter which ship you're on.

Arlene

We have moved on several b2b's(all on RCCL). It is not the best situation but not that much of a problem. We have always had a crew member with a luggage cart sent to help us. What I do is pack some grocery type bags and just put the contents of each drawer in them. All the bathroom goodies and miscellanous stuff gets packed up the same way. It is fast and easy. The luggage cart allows me to leave things on the hangers and I just return the empty ones from my new cabin to the old. Dirty clothes go in the luggage. Don't forget to give your helper a few dollars.

On the positive side, it is a good time to get organized. I pack up souvineers and things we are not using and toss out junk we have collected.

One other thing, check with the purser a few days before the end of your first cruise. Very often we have been able to get good upgrades, some even free, for the second cruise.

B2B's are wonderful..have a great time!

Pam -

It is not that big of a deal. I packed everything but those items on a hanger. I left my cabin early and went to a public lounge while my room steward cleaned my room. I went to my new room to see if my new room was ready. This was the bad part - the people in my new room refused to leave that room until their color was called. Once their color was called, they left and my new room steward told me to give her 30 minutes.

I then went to my old room and told my old room steward that. We waited 15 minutes and then she called a guy to come with a cart. He brought a cart that accomodated my luggage and my hanging clothes and moved my stuff from my first room to my new room.

Things would have gone smoother if the original couple in the new room had left their room when requested but overall, it wasn't that big of a deal.

Thanks everyone. The packing and unpacking is my least favorite part. I've been on a B2B before, but managed to keep the same cabin. I am hoping to be able to spend the turn around day off the ship in Whittier as I've never been there.

Pam - you will have no problems switching cabins and spending time in Whittier or planning a boat trip in Whittier. There will be plenty of time. One of the boat excursions I looked at doing (26 glacier cruise) starts at noon I believe.

Archived