Tipping extra for drinks with a package

mtm103

I think your making an assumption. We also always tip the wait staff and the cabin attendant extra but we're talking about bar staff right now.

Was the quote that you're replying to deleted? I can't find it.

But anyway. Tipping $1.00 per drink is easier than carrying a pile of change around with me and tipping a true 15%. And that person is correct - it might be considered excessive. I'm okay with that.

TIPPING is a personal matter. No one HAS to tip as it is built into the price of the drink. I tip extra because I was a bartender and I really love showing my appreciation in person and see the gratitude on the bartender's face. I don't go crazy (I used to) and I only do it when I've received a great drink, with a smile, in a timely fashion with a little hospitality thrown in. :)

Was the quote that you're replying to deleted? I can't find it.

But anyway. Tipping $1.00 per drink is easier than carrying a pile of change around with me and tipping a true 15%. And that person is correct - it might be considered excessive. I'm okay with that.

TIPPING is a personal matter. No one HAS to tip as it is built into the price of the drink. I tip extra because I was a bartender and I really love showing my appreciation in person and see the gratitude on the bartender's face. I don't go crazy (I used to) and I only do it when I've received a great drink, with a smile, in a timely fashion with a little hospitality thrown in. :)

It was post #36 and you're right. It's all personal preference. We just wait until the end of the cruise to tip wait staff and stateroom attendants. I had always tipped on the bar slip before but on one of our Celebrity cruises we tried the package and there were no slips so we got a bunch of ones from Guest Services and have always done the same since whether we had a package or not.