10:00 a.m. flight time for return???

We are trying to find decent fares for flights for our December trip and we found a great fare but it LEAVES Miami at 10:05 a.m. I have NEVER flown out that early and I just don't think it's possible but others have told me it would work. What do you all think? I think it's too early.

I just returned from the Navigator yesterday in Miami. We were the only ship in port. The first color was called at 7:10am...however, they got behind from then on. I had the 3rd to last color...RCL indicated that it would be called between 10 and 10:45. We weren't called until 11:35a....we got into our pre-arranged van to the airport at 1:00pm. Thank goodness we didn't have a flight until 3:30. We heard that the hold up was customs training new agents and our ship had a VERY large non-US/non-English speaking population that took time through customs and immigration. In summary...I wouldn't book it.

Patty

On all our cruises we could have made that early a flight. However, on Sept 10, the last group was not called off the ship until 1:30 PM. We were on b2b, so no problem for us. There is an early (7 AM on our NOS cruise) debarkation designated for those who are carrying off luggage. Or if you can get first departure tags, you can make it. . I would be willing to risk it because we are Diamond and KNOW we can be in the first group(after handicapped) off the ship. It just depends on your tolerance for stress I guess!

I would find a flight that leaves after 12noon. The last cruise I was on was held up by customs and the first people got off the ship at 9:30am. The ship arrived in port at 8am. If you get off the ship at 9:30am, you will miss your flight because you have to go find your luggage and catch the bus to the airport and wait for your luggage to come off the bus. My advice is pick another flight. chrisnsteph1022 were very, very lucky they made thier flight in time. Most people won't.

Barb and Sean,

I believe we are on the same cruise with you - NOS departing Dec 10. We booked a return out of MIA at 11:45. Now I'm thinking this is too early? :confused:

For our first and only cruise, our last stop was Rome. People started disembarking at 7am, and it stayed ahead of schedule all morning. We actually had to spend extra time on the ship to avoid being too early for our shuttle pickup!

I am trying to line up a reliable transfer service to be waiting for us at the port. That would help eliminate some of the worry for me. Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to get to MIA from the port?? Or is there any way to get off the boat early?

Thanks

Jennifer

Don't do it. My last cruise out of Miami I missed an 11:40 flight, partly because not enough Immigration agents were sent to the ship. Plus the Miami airport was a zoo when I got there. I got lucky and there was one seat available that day to get me home. I wouldn't want to risk missing my flight and then having to try and get a flight home that day.

We had been looking at a flight at 11:20 a.m. out of Miami for our March 2006 cruise, and I decided to call RCCL to see what their thoughts were. I was told they discourage anyone from booking a flight before 1:00 p.m. We actually decided to rent a car and drive up to Orlando and catch an 8:15 p.m. flight home from there. We can take our time getting there (about a 4-5 drive), and enjoy the scenery on the way. The flight home, which is non-stop, takes only a little over 2 hours and it's half the price of flying out of Miami. There were no non-stop flights out of Miami.

Archived