Hot alcoholic drinks?

ctr5000

I am on JOS Sept 11 to Alaska. I purchased the Primier/Premium/middle/whatever alcoholic drink package. I'm thinking that I'm really not going to be on deck with a frozen cocktail much although I might have some at an indoor bar occasionally. Other then getting a WJ coffee/hot chocolate and mixing it with a shot of Baileys or other alcohol, are there any hot drinks I can order by name at a bar that are served hot? Would they be included in my drink package? Also, can you use the coke souvenir with hot drinks or should I bring my coffee travel mug from home to use in WJ? If I remember correctly WJ cups are small.

Never had it at sea before, but I love Hot Totties! They are great for cold winter nights or a sore throat. Can't exactly remember all that goes into them since my husband makes it but I believe it is whisky, lemon juice, honey and a cinnamon stick served warm.

Never had it at sea before, but I love Hot Totties! They are great for cold winter nights or a sore throat. Can't exactly remember all that goes into them since my husband makes it but I believe it is whisky, lemon juice, honey and a cinnamon stick served warm.

A hot toddy is usually boiling water, lemon studded with cloves, brown (demarara) sugar and whisky (or whiskey, depending on your preference).

Irish, French, Caribbean coffees should all be available (coffee with whisky, cognac and rum, respectively).

A peppermint patty is hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps or creme de menthe.

We are wondering about Irish or Spanish coffees in the bars? We had a very hard time finding a bar willing to make one, despite them having hot coffee behind the bar, they (Bow & Stern Pub) ultimately made them for us, but not before having to go to another bar to grab some Irish whiskey!?!? Didn't have a drink package that cruise but will on our next, will it be covered as a "drink"?

We are wondering about Irish or Spanish coffees in the bars? We had a very hard time finding a bar willing to make one, despite them having hot coffee behind the bar, they (Bow & Stern Pub) ultimately made them for us, but not before having to go to another bar to grab some Irish whiskey!?!? Didn't have a drink package that cruise but will on our next, will it be covered as a "drink"?

To be fair, making a real Irish coffee is a bit of a pain in the neck -you're supposed to soak the sugar in the whisky while preparing the fresh brew coffee, and only use particular types of whisky. Then you need to lightly whip the fresh cream, blah blah blah - it can take 10mins+ to do it "right", and a lot of pubs in Ireland won't even do it (unless they're on the tourist trail, otherwise they have to keep fresh cream stocked, and it gets wasted). If you're not that fussy, just ask for a cup of normal coffee, add milk and sugar to taste as you normally would, and throw a shot of whisky in it :)