Bonsai Sushi Menu?

PaCUfan

I've never heard of them doing that.

Those are pretty typical low-end sushi prices.

Sorry Carnival calculates a cost per meal per day allowance in the price I'm paying so I don't expect to pay full restaurant prices on non-MDR meals onboard. I do expect however that pricing in surcharge restaurants is fair. I don't consider a piece of sushi at $1.5-$2 to be extraordinarily cheap.

Sorry Carnival calculates a cost per meal per day allowance in the price I'm paying so I don't expect to pay full restaurant prices on non-MDR meals onboard. I do expect however that pricing in surcharge restaurants is fair. I don't consider a piece of sushi at $1.5-$2 to be extraordinarily cheap.

I live in LCOL area, and these are less expensive than sushi prices here, both for rolls and single pieces of nigiri. I don't see these as low restaurant prices, I see them below restaurant prices (these are the same as grocery store prices around here- where they make all the rolls in the morning and set them out in a refrigerated case). So I assume the idea that meal cost is already included in the cruise subsidizes the price of the sushi. If it did not, I would expect these prices to be higher. Besides which, I think Carnival assumes many people will eat sushi as a snack/appetizer/night-cap, and STILL eat their MDR or Lido included meal.

Clearly, you have access to really really inexpensive sushi. I guess it's like how people from New York find the drink prices on Carnival reasonable, whereas I find them to be outrageous.

Edited by skittl1321

I don't know where you eat Sushi, but that's incredibly cheap.

I don't know where you eat Sushi, but that's incredibly cheap.

I realize it's cheap it's just not cruise line surcharge cheap IMHO. On NCL you could do the AYCE sushi lunch for $10pp which included your soup and dessert. This pricing to me seems high #sorrynotsorry

I realize it's cheap it's just not cruise line surcharge cheap IMHO. On NCL you could do the AYCE sushi lunch for $10pp which included your soup and dessert. This pricing to me seems high #sorrynotsorry

When did you last cruise NCL? Thought they stopped the AYCE option awhile ago.