Penthouse suite???

kbunnell

Just got notice that we got an upgrade from a mini suite to a penthouse suite on the Carribean Princess. I'm excited. Anyone know what it is like? I can't find anything called Penthouse on Princess' website. Any extra amenities I can look forward to?

Congrats..and toss me your shamrock!

That's the upgrade I'm hoping for!

No butlers any longer, but you do get hors d'oeuvres delivered every night. Separate space for disembarkation...tons more space!

Sky Princess 01/1999 Australia and New Zealand

Sky Princess 03/2000 China

Royal Princess 02/2002 South America

Golden Princess 05/2003 Med

Sapphire Princess 03/2005 Sydney to Bangkok

March 2005 - Sydney to Bangkok on the Sapphire

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;3;7;20;00;00&timezone=GMT+1030

Thanks, Crowsie. I think it is because of my complaint letter to Princess for changing the inaugural sailing of the CP on us. We booked a year ago specifically to get on the inaugural voyage.) I'm surprised because I never got a response to my complaint letter. I finally called them in December and only got $50 on-board credit as a make-good. I thought it was done.

I sail on the Diamond to Alaska 5-8, and also got an upgrade from an AA Mini-suite to a VS (Vista Suite).

My understanding is the layout in the Vista is similar to Penthouse, only you will have more square footage in this category. That's a good thing! :-)

Also, as the previous poster mentioned, we will get other benefits like free laundry and dry cleaning, free internet service in the internet cafe, free flowers delivered to the room, free sitting on formal night for a portrait amongst other things.

If you call Princess, they will read the entire list off to you.

Happy Sailing!

MTS

Congrats!

Here are some pictures of suites on the Grand class (Golden/Grand) ships here:

http://homepage.mac.com/tlassek/PhotoAlbum21.html

The Caribbean Princess should be very similiar. Also - the main differences between PH, PS and VS are the locations of the suites. The Vista suite is a little smaller then the PS and PH on the Grand class but not by much and they have the same layout.

MTS...

On your Alaska sailing did you book an AA. Gty. ?

Or did you book a certin cabin for your AA..

We are sailing on the Diamond in October 04

and have booked an AA. Gty. cabin, So just wondering if your upgrade was due to A GTY> resveration..

Any help on this, Would love to know if we might get an upgrade..

Also did when you pay have anythinbg to do with uping your chances.

We booked and paid in full in Feb. for the oct. cruise...

Thanks again,

Dale

Hi Dale

It was an AA Guarantee but I was given a room assignment to D407 right away.

One day checking my shore excursions I booked on line, I noticed it said my booking was cancelled. I called Princess and for some unknown reason my entire booking, shore excursions and all were cancelled. They said my original room assignment was still available and they re-booked my excursions and pre-cruise stay info. Everything seemed fine once again.

Then, about 20 minutes later, I get a phone call saying they are upgrading me to a Vista suite. Perhaps because of what happened with my reservation??

Anyway....It made me pretty happy!

Bottom line, I think the upgrade may have had something to do with their mistake and they wanted to apologize.

Good luck, and hope you get an upgrade, but if you don't a mini-suite is still gonna be a great room!

Happy sailing! ;-)

MTS

MTS,

Wow. good thing you were checking on your excurisons... otherwise you may not have known your cruise was canceled... Congrats on your upgrade.. We always book the minimum cat. cabin that we will be happy with, but hey if the Upgrade wizards want to work on our reservation we'll let them... LOL Were looking foward to the diamond Princess, Let us know what your thoughts are of her, nce you return... Have a great cruise...

Dale

Just got off the Garand march 28th in a Vista d737. Loved it loved it loved it. The only bad thing about these suites is you will never want to go back to a smaller room. We traveled with our 2 children and loved the space. You can order anything from room servive that is on the dining room menu. You must order breakfasts on the patio. Hint-bring champagne for breakfasts. It's a great way to start the day on a cruise. On lobster night, order some tails in your room for appetizers. These are really great rooms. have a blast and don't forget to do high tea on your balcony at least once.

Archived