US-UK Transatlantic Future for NCL?

Presbycruiser

I know a couple of transatlantic cruises are coming up, but they are one-off events, the Escape's inaugural cruise and the (Star's?) repositioning cruise, both departing the UK and ending in the US (I think Escape is going to NYC and the Star is going to Miami/Tampa. BTW, the Star is having an astonishingly cheap sale on cabins right now).

But what of the future? Will NCL put on more cruises between the US and UK?

EU > US transatlantic voyages will always be part of NCL's future. Ships will always need dry dock time and to reposition for the Caribbean seasons.

As long as the UK remains a popular hub for US air traffic new builds will also probably get their inaugural press events and shakedowns there too.

Edited as I didn't notice the reference to TA's from the UK specifically.

Now the Star has moved to Asia for the winter then this does probably mean we won't see regular TA's from the UK until either another ship takes the Baltic route, or the Star is replaced in Asia.

Southampton seems to be the constant set off point for new builds (the Escape isn't a one off in that respect), but it's not clear how many more of them there will be. There is speculation that the Bliss may not go to the U.S. (At least immediately), and it wouldn't surprise me if there is now a gap before any more new ships.

Edited by KeithJenner

I know a couple of transatlantic cruises are coming up, but they are one-off events, the Escape's inaugural cruise and the (Star's?) repositioning cruise, both departing the UK and ending in the US (I think Escape is going to NYC and the Star is going to Miami/Tampa. BTW, the Star is having an astonishingly cheap sale on cabins right now).

But what of the future? Will NCL put on more cruises between the US and UK?

Escape will be Miami based, not New York.

Tracy