Purchasing digital photos onboard

tinsoldier

Hi

I know that the onboard photographer is keen to take photographs and then sell printed copies but does anyone know if on Ventura it is possible to buy a digital copy of the photo rather than buying a printed version? Many theme parks both in the UK and USA offer this.

I remember that Islands of Adventure in Florida offered us a special offer of purchasing a memory stick and then being able to download official photos for a vastly reduced fee. This meant we could get them printed at home for cheaper and of course had a digital version for use online.

Thanks

We bought the package on the Azura in Jan. I think it was around £120 ish .you get a nice album along with a disc with all the images on

You could have quite a lot of pictures taken if you accepted every invitation, but how many do you really need. Two or three of the best max probably.. Better to buy the prints and copy them if you need extras.

David.

Better to buy the prints and copy them if you need extras.

David.

That's interesting as I would prefer to do the exact opposite. If you have the 'original' digital file then you can keep it, back it up and use it for any purpose anytime you like (mugs, placemats, jigsaw puzzles etc etc :D) without losing any quality which is what would happen when making a copy of a print.

Hi

I know that the onboard photographer is keen to take photographs and then sell printed copies but does anyone know if on Ventura it is possible to buy a digital copy of the photo rather than buying a printed version? Many theme parks both in the UK and USA offer this.

I remember that Islands of Adventure in Florida offered us a special offer of purchasing a memory stick and then being able to download official photos for a vastly reduced fee. This meant we could get them printed at home for cheaper and of course had a digital version for use online.

Thanks

Yes on Ventura last year you could buy a disc but I don't think it was particularly cheap and I don't know if there was a minimum amount of pics you had to pay for Not long til your big day now :)

I have a lot of experience of photo printing and the problem with photos purchased on board any cruise ship I have been on is that they are printed on poor quality photo paper resulting in poor quality prints. Considering the prices charged you would think they would use a decent paper. I would never buy a photo from a cruise ship for that reason.

I would say that if you can get hold of the digital copy then get them printed yourself later.

Edited by bee-ess

Unless it has changed in the last few years, bear in mind they were around 300 dpi, and are fine for reproducing at normal 100 x 150mm size, but the resolution is lost as you blow them up in size. My company uses a wide format digital printer, and often the artwork supplied to us to print is terrible when blown up to large sizes, OK if viewed from a distance, but the pixels are very noticeable close up.