Unused Coffee Cards

dshimizu

QUOTE We just returned from sailing on the Golden and had old, unused coffee card No problem getting brewed coffee...Golden now has one person at a computer screen and they take you card and your room card. You order what you want and it is transmitted to staff making the coffees. They did not punch our card for anything. When you move over to pick up area they have your name so they call your name and hand you your coffee. It seems to work very well.

I guess it all just depends! I was just on the Golden in May '15 for 10 days and produced a brand new card (name of cruise unsigned) in the IC I had purchased the card earlier this year. On first use, the man behind the counter gave me the "once-over" for given him an "unsigned" CC and promptly filled in "Golden Princess/Cruise #."

On 3 day cruise next week, I intend to trade mini-bar for 2 coffee cards. Normally we take the bar setup. Do the new coffee cards have to have at least one punch used to use again on future cruises, ie. the Crown in Oct/Nov?

In March 2012 someone posted:

Your totally unused card can be used:

1. For any specialty, but not unlimited brewed.

2. For any specialty with brewed getting a punch too

3. For exchange to a new card on that specific ship, which will give you the 15 punches and all the fresh brewed; but only for the duration of that cruise.

4. For any specialty and even if you don't use all the punches, you can still use what's left on your next cruise.

Does #3 apply anymore?

You should not rely on any information that is three and one half years old.

Regarding #3, we have never experienced a card being replaced. That might have occurred just at the beginning of the transition when unused "old style" coffee cards may have been replaced with a new one with the cruise number added.

We have traded a minibar for two coffee cards. They did not have the current voyage added to the back and we have used them on later cruises. Don't know where you got the impression that the card needed one punch on the voyage it was obtained to use them on future voyages. It is only the fresh brewed coffee that is for the cruise where you purchase the card and depending upon the barista, you might get free fresh brewed on future cruises.

Edited by IECalCruiser