Confused About Tampa Port Address and Nearby Hotels

kicker

I know I'm basically dumb, but I thought I'd be able to figure out hotel distances from the Tampa Port. Problem is, when I google the Tampa Port I get an address of 815 Channelside Dr, Tampa. When I look at this link on CC

http://www.cruisecritic.com/hotels/hotelResults.cfm?departurePort=223&page=5

it gives me hotels within a half mile of the port, but when I MapQuest them, they come up about 25 miles away!

Again, I ain't the brightest bulb in the box, but I must be doing something wrong.

HELP!!:confused:

Skip that list and look at the Tampa Marriott Waterside or Embassy Suites if you want to be close...

There are lots by the airport and others in downtown...

The pier is pretty close to the Amalie Arena (which used to have another name), and you've already seen that it's at/adjacent to Channelside...

Hilton, Sheraton, Courtyard, Aloft and more....

google is your friend....

I second the Marriott Waterside and the Embassy Suites downtown. Both are nice hotels and very, very close to the port.

Thanks to all 3 of you for your help (I know I can always turn to Cc'ers for good info).

We need a one night pre-cruise stay in January; Mariott & Embassy are both booked for that night, but at least now I have a much better idea of my options. Thanks again!:D

I'll preface this with.. we haven't stayed yet. However we have booked the Hampton Inn Ybor City/Downtown which is very close to the Cruise Port as well. 1 mile- and they have a complimentary shuttle to the cruise port.

And I love my Hampton Inn's. I know this one will be no exception.

I'll preface this with.. we haven't stayed yet. However we have booked the Hampton Inn Ybor City/Downtown which is very close to the Cruise Port as well. 1 mile- and they have a complimentary shuttle to the cruise port.

And I love my Hampton Inn's. I know this one will be no exception.

There is a Hampton Inn and a Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor. Both are close but not walking distance. Great restaurants. Just don't stay out too late. Big club scene and all that goes with it.

There is a Hampton Inn and a Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor. Both are close but not walking distance. Great restaurants. Just don't stay out too late. Big club scene and all that goes with it.

I've been checking those out, also just reserved Best Western Bay Shore - it has pretty good reviews and a decent price. Kind of strange: I reserved a Suite with a King Bed and two doubles (there's only two of us:rolleyes:) for the same price as a standard room. There's an outside chance two friends might be joining us on the cruise - in that case we'd probably be able to share the room (it has two bathrooms also).

I might still go Hampton or Hilton. I have some points for both, not enough right now for a free room, but that might work. Thanks again to all who responded.

I've been checking those out, also just reserved Best Western Bay Shore - it has pretty good reviews and a decent price. Kind of strange: I reserved a Suite with a King Bed and two doubles (there's only two of us:rolleyes:) for the same price as a standard room. There's an outside chance two friends might be joining us on the cruise - in that case we'd probably be able to share the room (it has two bathrooms also).

I might still go Hampton or Hilton. I have some points for both, not enough right now for a free room, but that might work. Thanks again to all who responded.

If you are at the Best Western Bay Harbor you are in an area called "Rocky Point". It is very convenient to the airport and on the water. The hotel is on Tampa Bay but not the port. You will have as much as a half hour taxi ride to the port. Never stayed there but the "Hogan's Beach" part of the property is popular.

Thanks to all 3 of you for your help (I know I can always turn to Cc'ers for good info).

We need a one night pre-cruise stay in January; Mariott & Embassy are both booked for that night, but at least now I have a much better idea of my options. Thanks again!:D

Not sure when in January you're cruising, but be forewarned that our Gasparilla event is January 29, 2016. The downtown area (including the area around the port) gets very crowded with people who have consumed copious amounts of grog.

Will be staying at Tampa Marriott Waterside in January for 2 nights pre-cruise. I know that Gasparilla starts January 29 - will I have any issues getting to the port Saturday morning or will all of the pirates be sleeping it off?

http://www.gasparillapiratefest.com/schedule.shtml

January 30, 2016 The Big Day

If I am reading it right the invasion is Saturday morning. That is the big event that brings everyone into downtown. If so it will be fun but a madhouse right about the time you will be leaving. You are so close. Call the hotel and make sure you have a plan. The parade starts at 2 but people get in place well before that. Good luck!

January 31, 2016

If you leave on Sunday you are in luck. The pirates will be "groggy"!

It's been a few years, but every option meant a taxi to hotel then taxi to port (or shuttle). I ended up staying at the airport marriott, and it was great. Picked up the luggage and walked down a hallway to the hotel, then a taxi to the port in the am. Dropped the luggage and walked down the block to a shopping/restaurant area and visited a lovely wine shop to take a couple bottles on board.

Not sure when in January you're cruising, but be forewarned that our Gasparilla event is January 29, 2016. The downtown area (including the area around the port) gets very crowded with people who have consumed copious amounts of grog.

Jan 20, but now I have to check out the Gasparilla event to find out what its all about!