Help

CENT

:mad::mad:My husband probation officer just told him he cant go 19 days away from our cruise. She said he wont be able to board or will get picked up after cruise. cause homeland know everything about everyone. What do I do go along or can I add someone? And its my Birthday ...... so upset

I am sorry you are having to deal with this. Unfortunately, there is a good probability that you will have to go alone. This is dependent upon the fare type you booked. I do know some fares will allow name changes for $50, others do not allow name changes.

Also, I have heard discussion that it is often better to the the 2nd person on the reservation be a "no show" on sailing day. I don't have personal experience with this, I am sure others will advise.

I would call Carnival asap and ask about the possibility of a "name change".

Kim

I am guessing you didn't have insurance?

You are at or near the 100% penalty phase. About all you can do at this point is call Carnival and request a name change. Be ready to pay $50 administrative fee.

I might as well ask, because I know someone will, Why did you book and pay for before you knew for sure if your husband could join you?

This thread just SCREAMS for this question to be answered ?

It did occur to me that the cruise was booked and them something happened that got the husband on probation.

I still say, call Carnival and see about a name change. I would rather take a girlfriend along than go alone. But rest assured I would go alone if that were my only option. No reason to waste the money.

If you can't find someone to go or Carnival won't allow a name change then go alone. It will not be as fun and you won't get money back from for your husband but at least you can try and enjoy some part of the vacation and not lose every penny. Just make sure to say your husband is coming and will check in later, do not tell them he isn't coming! They will not refund his money and then charge you double!!

Edited by BigB0882

Just throwing this out for the future...

Don't book an Alaskan or East coast Canadian cruise. Canada will not allow many with records into their country.

OP either go alone or see if someone can go in his place. If you didn't book Early Saver it can be done.

My brother went on a cruise while on probation. He had to notify his parole officer (and his lawyer may have talked to the judge), but it wasn't an issue.

The Feds generally don't enforce local or state laws and DHS doesn't care about local probation regulations. As long as he's cleared with the local officials he's good to go. Go talk to your lawyer ASAP if you're having issues.

It did occur to me that the cruise was booked and them something happened that got the husband on probation.

I still say, call Carnival and see about a name change. I would rather take a girlfriend along than go alone. But rest assured I would go alone if that were my only option. No reason to waste the money.

In her old posts, the cruise on Triumph was booked back in March.

I work in "the system" - Without OP clarifying it is hard to know what level of offense is involved and the level of restriction that will be insisted upon. Many people use parole and probation interchangeably so without clarification no one knows. And actually it is not at all unusual for convicted felons to have probation- during sentencing the judge can impose both incarceration and probation (either to run during the incarceration or to begin afterwards). In PA the county can request that the State Parole office take over supervision. Without more details it is all assumption

I will say that in PA when one is given probation the restrictions are well spelled out and individuals are told to request permission well in advance - and leaving the state is definitely one of those things

Definitely agree with others here that your best option is to contact your lawyer asap, and let him/her discuss it with your parole officer. Obviously depends on how serious of an offense it was, but they would be your best bet at getting your husband on the ship. If that fails, grab a friend and pay the fee to swap her with your husband on your booking.