Voyager review

boblerm

My wife and I just took our 7th Regent cruise last month on the Voyager, and we have loved each one. It always amazes me that there are so much negativity about Regent in the review section of cruise critic, not because I think everyone should be agreeing with me, by no means. But when I go on a cruise, when I meet people, I always like to ask them how they are enjoying their cruise. On 7 Regent cruises, I would say that the number or responses that were not enthusiastically positive, I could probably count on one hand.

So why such a high percentage of negative Regent reviews? Perhaps because people who have a gripe are more likely to be vocal than those who think everything is fine?

In any event, I thought it was time for me to finally post a review, which, for what it's worth, can be found here. http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=512004&et_cid=2400193&et_rid=16716822&et_referrer=June%202008%20Boards%20Mailing=

Boblerm,

I was on the same cruise and agree with everything yo said - although I did not see any slippage in the staff service.

I agree with you re: destination lecturers. For me the key word is DESTINATION and my friends and I were not happy campers.

The entertainment was very good - again, I agree with you. I didn't see the violinist/comedian so no comment.

I've done a number of trips on Regent over the years and found it as it has always been - top notch.

Peggy

What a great review! Loved your comment that the internet "stunk less" -- great and understandable description.

In terms of service in CR, this has been an issue for as long as I can remember. For this reason, we dine in the same section so that the servers get to know our preferences and sometimes make excellent recommendations. Also agree about the lobster. We have found that when they seam the lobster, it is more tender. When lobster is on the menu, we do ask for it steamed and many times ask for it as an appetizer instead off a main course so we can have just a small portion.

Really appreciate you taking the time to post a review:)

Peggy,

I just had the impression that there were less staff in La Veranda and in the lounges, this is just am impression, I certainly have no direct knowledge of this. The staff is still excellent and attentive, it just seems to me that they can't give quite as much personal attention as they used to. But this did not negatively affect our cruise experience, we are still fine with Regent's service.

As far as the lectures are concerned, I can only hope that if enough people mention their dissatisfaction in cruise comments, they will go back to giving us more information about the destinations.

Bob