Carnival Liberty 9/13 & 9/20 in Limbo?

gusman817

@evandbob Problem is if they sail on 9/13 there is no option to skip it and get your money back. I am on the 9/13 and I agree with you, it makes me uneasy about being on a ship which they "rushed" to get ready in time. However I would be out $2,000 if I simply did not show up. Even the insurance I bought is for emergencies and doesn't cover change of mind.

You may want to do some research, via You Tube, on how engine room fires work and what damage is caused. I think you will be surprised at how little is really affected. From what I have read the "problem" after a fire is reloading the suppression system and they have apparently already reloaded it or they wouldn't have been able to sail back to San Juan. The generator seems to be intact, the engines are working, what do you think needs to be fixed?

@evandbob Problem is if they sail on 9/13 there is no option to skip it and get your money back. I am on the 9/13 and I agree with you, it makes me uneasy about being on a ship which they "rushed" to get ready in time. However I would be out $2,000 if I simply did not show up. Even the insurance I bought is for emergencies and doesn't cover change of mind.

None of us actually know what was done. So, you are pessimistic. The people on the sailing went with optimism, but it happened.

You may want to do some research, via You Tube, on how engine room fires work and what damage is caused. I think you will be surprised at how little is really affected. From what I have read the "problem" after a fire is reloading the suppression system and they have apparently already reloaded it or they wouldn't have been able to sail back to San Juan. The generator seems to be intact, the engines are working, what do you think needs to be fixed?

I understand that. But just like with any other fire, they need to also find out WHY it started in the first place. It doesn't solve it to say ok the fire is out and the suppression is reloaded, if there may still be a faulty component that will cause it again.

Pessimist/ Realist- same thing!

I understand that. But just like with any other fire, they need to also find out WHY it started in the first place. It doesn't solve it to say ok the fire is out and the suppression is reloaded, if there may still be a faulty component that will cause it again.

Pessimist/ Realist- same thing!

I wouldn't sweat it too much. If they didn't know the cause and have a satisfactory corrective action plan to prevent the same occurrence from happening again, the USCG wouldn't have let them sail back to San Juan with passengers aboard.

Frankly I'm surprised that they're still planning to sail on Sunday, but if they are then the issue has been addressed to the USCG's satisfaction.

I read all this and have to laugh we are booked to leave 9/13 and are going to have a great time. All this negative what if stuff is silly. So for those of you that are booked but worried about what if. Why don't you just stay home. Let the flaming begin. I leave for San Juan tomorrow

Edited by 77jet star

Has anyone from the 9/20 sailing received any correspondence? I think I read the 9/13 sailing got an email?

We haven't received anything.

we are on 9/13 and got an email last night. I really don't think you have a worry on any future cruise.I am sure you will sail on time Good luck and have a great cruise. All is good they have it under control. Edited by 77jet star

we are on 9/13 and got an email last night. I really don't think you have a worry on any future cruise.I am sure you will sail on time Good luck and have a great cruise. All is good they have it under control.

We're on the 9/20...

I"m pretty confident that we'll be fine... However, I will be much more relieved after Liberty leaves St. Thomas next Monday night! :) LOL