6yo Surprise cruise!

MMPERRY2006

Im cruisining solo with my 6yo daughter. Her first and a surprise!

We are doing the 4 day out of Long beach on Carnival Imagination

1 - Anyone have kids schedule for the 4 day?

2 - Aside from a change of clothes and the needed documents anything else I should carry on?

3 - Do the kids camp take the kids to play in the water?

4 - Heard I should pack a white tee for some tiedye type activity anyone do this before?

Thanks! Im sure Im forgetting to ask something... any advice or suggestions?

No..they won't take the kids to the pool....you have to do that! Too much liability.

You will want to bring any kid-meds your daughter might need...the ship doesn't carry pediatric stuff....bandaids, neosporin, etc....

Don't know about the Tee....wouldn't hurt!

You will have a blast!

Im cruisining solo with my 6yo daughter. Her first and a surprise!

We are doing the 4 day out of Long beach on Carnival Imagination

Thanks! Im sure Im forgetting to ask something... any advice or suggestions?

Bring her favorite stuffed toy and/or prized possession. If there is a snack food she loves bring some of that too.

Let her wear her swinsuit under her clothing when you board, as the rooms may not be ready vs, having to go change she will already have it on. No, the kids club will not take the kids to play in the water, I don't think they take them out of the actual kids club area. Bring a lanyard for her to wear her card on, kids alway feel "grown up" doing that. You can pack a T-shirt for her to decorate just incase. The schedule will be available in your state room each evening for the next day's activities. Don't forge to bring a resuable water bottle so that you can fill up on water, juice or milk as needed.

Most Importanly Have Tons of Fun!!!

Fill out the kids club form online. There is something about swimming, but I believe it only applies to the older kids. Filling the form out online also can save a ton of time on the ship, if you otherwise try to register on the first night or next morning.

Our kids have only been in the younger age group (3 - 5) but as stated above they rarely take them out of the club. I believe it is only done for lunch/dinner, but possibly for Seussapalooza also. We accompanied our kids, so I don't know if any of the younger kids were unattended. I would hope not as it's a bit of a zoo.

Our kids have been given a T-shirt to color a few times. The t-shirt is white with a Carnival design on it for the kids to color in. They have a few, but I don't know if they just missed the event on the other ships or if they don't always do it.

Remember that part of your documents needs to be permission to travel from the other parent. There are many discussions about that topic around here. Generally it seems that it isn't asked for, but it can happen.

We live in Florida so our kids have all the water stuff, but folks up north always seem to forget the basics and have to pay high prices on the ship when they forget stuff like sun screen and goggles. If your daughter will be in the sun a lot, consider picking up a rash guard. My kids hate wearing them (we make them wear long sleeved ones) but they are never burned!