QM2 Deck 4 cabins over a bar

jean's friend

Hi,

I've been 'stalking' this forum for awhile and found all kinds of useful information, so thank you all for that.

We're looking at some transatlantics for next year and we're wondering about noise issues from deck 3 when you're staying on deck 4. We love the location of deck 4, it looks so close to everything, but we wouldn't want to hear any noise.

Specifically, I'm wondering about being above the Veuve Clicquot Champagne Bar in rooms roughly from 4099 to 4089 (4095 to be even more specific). Has anyone stayed in these, are they quiet?

Thanks.

Welcome to Cruise Critic, I'm glad you have found it useful so far. I'm afraid I can't help with your specific question, we've stayed on Deck 5 a couple of times and it's very quiet and convenient for most places.

I wouldn't have thought that the Champagne bar would generate much noise but hopefully someone with experience of that location will be along to answer.

We were in 4088 and it was extremely quiet...if that helps.

Hi Kendon, thanks for your reply. In looking at the deck plan it looks like there's an opening of some type right across from 4090 or so that might go to the atrium elevator or someplace else. Is that right?

It's hard to tell from the plan if there's a door there or not, but it does show a gap of some kind.

We have stayed on decks 4, 5 and 6...... the only time we ever hear noise was on deck 6 when beds were being put out on the deck above.....but that was with the balcony door open. There are 4 stairwells/ lobbies on each deck, we stayed almost opposite one but weren't disturbed

We have been on many different cruise ships staying opposite an opening to the elevators/stairwells and have never had a noise issue. However I probably would never book a stateroom above or below a bar, restaurant, or gym. Deck 4 on the QM2 has only staterooms above it. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Deck 4 is my favorite deck on QM2 - I have never heard any noise from the public spaces below, or the stairs and lifts. You really have much more of a feeling of being close to the water, and there is less movement there, especially midships if that is something you are concerned about.

Specifically' date=' I'm wondering about being above the Veuve Clicquot Champagne Bar in rooms roughly from 4099 to 4089 (4095 to be even more specific). Has anyone stayed in these, are they quiet?[/quote']The champagne bar is dead quiet (and typically deserted) when you're in the bar. I can't imagine any noise would be heard above it.

Hi

There is an open space which goes from deck two up to deck 6 where the atrium is and the Champagne bar does open onto this space. I did a TA staying on deck 5 with a window over the atrium and never heard anything from the centre of the ship.