Most Romantic Or Unknown Quiet Public Spots on Getaway

escentialssoycandles

I am going on the Getaway with the boyfriend for our 40th birthdays in November. We just blended our family of 6 kids (ages 6-17) after a little over 2 years of dating.

This cruise is about us and our relationship and future goals with our kids plus a Milestone Birthday celebration.

I know a Thanksgiving cruise will be full of families, which will make us miss our kids.....and a quiet area may be impossible to find.

We have a large secret balcony (first balcony as well) and think we will spend a lot of time on there, but I am curious what the most Romantic or maybe unknown quiet public spots are on the Getaway. I want to make this a really memorable cruise for the both of us.

I do have Cagney's, Teppenyaki and Le Bistro Booked for Thanksgiving and Birthday Celebrations........ (first specialty restaurants too)

so recommendations for those would be great as well.

Get spa passes. So worth it. If you return to the ship early on port days the spa is empty. One time I had the WHOLE thing to myself.....sort of bizarre. DH didn't have a pass. He is getting one next time

For the first day or 2 explore the waterfront, lots of places to sit and relax. After a couple of days people figure out its there.

Get spa passes. So worth it. If you return to the ship early on port days the spa is empty. One time I had the WHOLE thing to myself.....sort of bizarre. DH didn't have a pass. He is getting one next time

For the first day or 2 explore the waterfront, lots of places to sit and relax. After a couple of days people figure out its there.

From beyond ships massage 269 per couple. I thought on our sailing it was closer to 350 we didn't do it. I could be wrong.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/n_get_spa_therapies.pdf

Hi Rochelle. What a great idea. Do you know what those run - ballpark?

Sorry I could not accurately say. Someone else posted some figures and they could be right depending on the type of massage you choose. I do know they can sometimes be a bit pricey on the ship. If you opted to stay on the ship one port day there should be a discount. Or you could check out prices on land and perhaps do it onshore.

Or my favourite alternative is the Ultimate Romanace Package the cruise line offers which includes;

Sparkling wine and chocolate-covered strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation

Canapés delivered to your stateroom one evening

Classic Dozen Red Roses

Breakfast in bed on two days of your choice

Romantic dinner for two in Cagney’s with a complimentary bottle of red or white wine

Two 25-minute half-body Swedish Massages

Tea service in your stateroom on the afternoon of your choice

Romantic dinner for two in Bistro with a complimentary bottle of red or white wine

Two 8x10 Professional Portraits

Romance Package Orders must be made no later than one week prior to sailing and may only be delivered on the first day of the sailing.

Cost is $399. This may seem high but if you cancel the dinners you already booked and applied those funds to this one plus seeing as these dinners also include a bottle of wine it gets more reasonable.

You can check out this package and some smaller ones on the website. here's a link;

Romance Packages

Whatever you decide I hope you have a wonderful romantic holiday.

Rochelle

Fellow posters, I think, reading betwwen the lines, the OP may be looking for a secuded area for a romantic encounter. If I am wrong, I apologize deeply. If correct, go for it. Live life while you can.

That made me laugh out loud, literally. The Romantic Encounters will be reserved for our cabin.....although the balcony may be an option - since part of it is covered on our SECRET Deck 8 large Balcony.

Sorry I could not accurately say. Someone else posted some figures and they could be right depending on the type of massage you choose. I do know they can sometimes be a bit pricey on the ship. If you opted to stay on the ship one port day there should be a discount. Or you could check out prices on land and perhaps do it onshore.

Or my favourite alternative is the Ultimate Romanace Package the cruise line offers which includes;

Sparkling wine and chocolate-covered strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation

Canapés delivered to your stateroom one evening

Classic Dozen Red Roses

Breakfast in bed on two days of your choice

Romantic dinner for two in Cagney’s with a complimentary bottle of red or white wine

Two 25-minute half-body Swedish Massages

Tea service in your stateroom on the afternoon of your choice

Romantic dinner for two in Bistro with a complimentary bottle of red or white wine

Two 8x10 Professional Portraits

Romance Package Orders must be made no later than one week prior to sailing and may only be delivered on the first day of the sailing.

Cost is $399. This may seem high but if you cancel the dinners you already booked and applied those funds to this one plus seeing as these dinners also include a bottle of wine it gets more reasonable.

You can check out this package and some smaller ones on the website. here's a link;

Romance Packages

Whatever you decide I hope you have a wonderful romantic holiday.

Rochelle

You are definitely right about the package, especially since Le Bistro and Cagneys are included plus massages and other perks. May be better than purchasing the spa passes which I do not think we will really get to use.

From beyond ships massage 269 per couple. I thought on our sailing it was closer to 350 we didn't do it. I could be wrong.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/n_get_spa_therapies.pdf

Such a hard decision. I think I would love the Salt Room and the Therapy Pool but with port intensive days and shows booked at night, I do not know if we would get good use of the spa facilities other than the 2 sea days. Heck maybe I can splurge and get the passes along with the Romance Package.......

You may want to consider Vibe passes, very quiet and no kids. If you get onboard early enough you may want to consider a Vibe cabana.

Another place that was really quiet on our cruise was all the way forward on deck 16. My daughter and her friends discovered this and hung out there at night - there was no one else ever there. I went looking for her there a couple of times during the day too and it was empty then as well.

OP, really sorry, not trying to be a smarta&&

No apologies......I am definitely the wild child rule breaker so I thought it was pretty hilarious......and not that far off the mark of who I am, just not what I was even remotely implying or thinking about.

Edited by escentialssoycandles

Now you have me considering the spa passes. I am trying to locate pics of the Getaway spa and then I think my decision can be made. At home I take hot baths every day to help with muscle and joint pain, and thinking the Spa Pass may be worth it just for the heated loungers, therapy pool and hot tubs.

Just want to share with you; I almost always get the spa pass on various lines and ships and my trip on the Getaway was the worst spa experience for me. There were numerous reasons such as everything being all in one big open room. It did not have the separate men's and women's areas with hot tub, sauna, steam etc. It was the busiest spa area I had ever experienced on a ship. It could have just been my particular sailing, or all the different water features etc., but the people in the spa were LOUD. I found my visits there the very opposite of relaxing. We had a spa cabin and my daughter walked in there once and never returned the entire cruise. It was very disappointing as I usually always really love the spa and my time there.

It could very well have been just that one trip but I want you to know that there is no guarantee that it will be a calm peaceful experience. You are on a holiday sailing so that could make a difference. Looking back I wish I had been more flexible in looking for different times to visit and chances are I could have enjoyed it a lot more. When I am on smaller ships with the separate areas I just retreat to the ladies section when its busy in the communal area. If you do decide on the spa passes and you visit and its crazy, try to look for other times to go so you can really enjoy it together.

Rochelle

Now you have me considering the spa passes. I am trying to locate pics of the Getaway spa and then I think my decision can be made. At home I take hot baths every day to help with muscle and joint pain, and thinking the Spa Pass may be worth it just for the heated loungers, therapy pool and hot tubs.

The Getaway spa is beautiful. Those hot tubs and therapy pools really do help for what ails ya!

Rochelle

You may want to consider Vibe passes, very quiet and no kids. If you get onboard early enough you may want to consider a Vibe cabana.

Another place that was really quiet on our cruise was all the way forward on deck 16. My daughter and her friends discovered this and hung out there at night - there was no one else ever there. I went looking for her there a couple of times during the day too and it was empty then as well.

What are the prices for Vibe passes?

You can never control what the other passengers are like. I remember on my sailing one of the people I saw each morning said that the past afternoon the spa was taken over by loud party animals. Never once did I see that but it happens.

I find cruise ships pools to be more people soup than anything I enjoyed the relaxing space in Getaway's spa.

If you look at the pictures you see a water feature on the main pool. Its great to have massage you neck and back. Also in the back of the pool there are metal loungers build in it. They are large round poles that run the width of the pool shaped like a lounger. Behind you on the wall are buttons to turn on jets from behind and below. See how the back wall of the pool is darker? that's where the in pool loungers are

2s_spa_pool_33-487x362.jpg

Ok so let me make sure I have these options right:

Vibe Passes: $79 pp per week

Vibe Cabana: $299 per week for 2 and includes $100 OBC

Thermal Spa Pass: $179 pp if purchased in advance, $199 pp on board

Deluxe Romance Package: $269 (includes Sparkling wine and chocolate-covered strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation • Canapés delivered to your stateroom one evening • Classic Dozen Red Roses • Breakfast in bed on one day of your choice • Romantic Dinner for two in Le Bistro • Two 25-minute half-body Swedish Massages • Tea service in your stateroom on the afternoon of your choice • One 8x10 Professional Portrait)

What would you pick? I already have Le Bistro Booked and we have the UBP and can add the Chocolate Covered Strawberries for $15 and Cheese Plate for $35. I don't care of the flowers or breakfast in bed - but the massage is the kicker on this package - since the 50 min couples massage is $329

Edited by escentialssoycandles

Ok so let me make sure I have these options right:

Vibe Passes: $79 pp per week

Vibe Cabana: $299 per week for 2 and includes $100 OBC

Thermal Spa Pass: $179 pp if purchased in advance, $199 pp on board

Deluxe Romance Package: $269 (includes Sparkling wine and chocolate-covered strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation • Canapés delivered to your stateroom one evening • Classic Dozen Red Roses • Breakfast in bed on one day of your choice • Romantic Dinner for two in Le Bistro • Two 25-minute half-body Swedish Massages • Tea service in your stateroom on the afternoon of your choice • One 8x10 Professional Portrait)

What would you pick? I already have Le Bistro Booked and we have the UBP and can add the Chocolate Covered Strawberries for $15 and Cheese Plate for $35. I don't care of the flowers or breakfast in bed - but the massage is the kicker on this package - since the 50 min couples massage is $329

If it were me I would cross Vibe off the list, especially if you are just looking for a place less busy. I believe you only have two sea days and the other days you will be off the ship. There are other options for you sad you can use Spice H2o is an adult only venue during the day and you do have your own balcony as well. There are also plenty of other outdoor areas you can enjoy with no cost, as someone previously mentioned the waterfront is beautiful.

Ultimately though you should pick what works best for the two of you. Have fun deciding.

Rochelle

All the way forward on deck 16 are suites. Not sure they would share their balconies. That is Haven area's and off limits unless you live there. Perhaps you meant another deck?

All the way forward on deck 16 are suites. Not sure they would share their balconies. That is Haven area's and off limits unless you live there. Perhaps you meant another deck?

No, I think I know what they're talking about, its on the Breakaway too. There's these wicker sofa beds that fit 2-3 people on either deck 15 or 16 in forward overlooking the bow - its very quiet and secluded at night. So secluded, it's a good thing there's super high glass partitions there - You wouldn't know someone fell from there...:eek: It's pretty picturesque and is can be a good spot for romantic rendezvous.

Edited by maywell

Yes, all the way forward deck 16 port side is a quiet public sundeck, very nice and secluded. There is a public bar and bathroom as well.

The Haven is forward on the starboard side, Vibe just aft of the Haven sundeck. In fact, when you get a drink at that public bar, the ticket says Vibe bar because the other side is in Vibe.

Also you can generally find a lounger there most times of the day. If you want shade or a daybed, you must get out earlier.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk