vegetarian options?

If your daughter is a more adventurous vegetarian, she will have several options for dinner. If there are no choices she finds appealing, there is always salad and baked potato (I was a vegetarian my first 2 cruises, and had to resort to this "default dinner" when the only options involved mushrooms that I despise!). I think the kids menu has mac and cheese most nights, too. If she has a favorite dinner or sandwich, you can ask if her request can be accommodated. One family at a table near us on our last cruise had several large baskets of french fries waiting for them every night as an "appetizer"!

I am a vegetarian and have had no problem finding delicious choices on each of my 5 cruises (three on RCCl and 2 on Princess). This time they had several vegetarian soups, of course - great salads, - vegetable curries. There was a vegetable burger type thing that was awful, I must admit, but that night the soup, the salad and a big desert were fine. I wonder if you eat fish, or if you are a true vegetarian. If you eat fish you will have no problems.

I just got back from an RCI cruise and no problem in the dining room. I dont like for people to make a fuss about is there anything I will eat. My table mates never knew I was a veggie. There was always someting to order. I don't remember it all but I know other than pasta I had a quesadillia, pad thai (sp?), tofu stir fry thing. There was always at least 1 veggie, appetizer, soup & 1 main menu sometimes 2 plus an alternate. At lunch they had a pasta bar where they made to order a pasta dish. Tablemates that day were envious after I got my pasta, that they didnt order. The appetizers were really good. Room service didnt have much though. A bad pizza.

I know if I would have requested something our server Jonas, would have gone overboard to get it. By the end of the cruise my husband was not shy ordering extra, meat. He is a meat only no veggie guy.

Tell her to experiment and try stuff, if she doesnt like it I am sure they will bring her something else and work with her.

Ahh, I miss being served everynite.

I'm one of those obnoxious :D low carb people: no potato, no rice, no pasta, no rolls. After the first night, my waiter knew to bring me extra veggies instead of veggie and potato with my main course. Some nights, he found and brought out veggies that no one else was being served. And there was lots of variety from day to day.

Archived