An Interview with designer of the New Staterooms

BBMacLaird

All very pretty wording and evocative images for the mind, however it would have done the presented design the world of good if the design team actually went on a cruise and experienced living in a cabin for a period of time.

I shall try to hold off on saying any more until I experience the finished design first hand.

All very pretty wording and evocative images for the mind, however it would have done the presented design the world of good if the design team actually went on a cruise and experienced living in a cabin for a period of time.

I shall try to hold off on saying any more until I experience the finished design first hand.

I agree Cat616. While I'm very pleased with the overall look of the planned changes... I'm concerned with the multitude of squares and sharp looking corners in too many places. I often marvel on how some cruise ship interior designers seem to have little knowledge of what it's like to sail on a Cruise ship. If they had sailed, I highly doubt we'd see so many rough looking corners/edges.

I sincerely hope that Azamara has taken this into consideration, and the final product might be tweaked.

That was far more about them and their company than the ships and what they are doing there.

Agreed Pam. I would have preferred reading less about the designer, and more insights on what's planned for Journey & Quest.

We were on the Quest seven days ago and had a chance to check out the stateroom on deck six which has already been done with the new upgrade.

Overall it looked excellent, however the carpet, because of the shaded patten looked worn-out already.

Immediately inside the door was one of the much darker shaded bits that gave the impression of that part of the carpet having been stepped on thousands of times, i.e. the heavy traffic look.

P.S. The room was occupied during the cruise but we were able to see it after it had been made-up on the changeover day as the guests departed before us.