NCL Dawn RIPPING OFF passengers buying UDP on board -- $11.80 overcharge EACH

pokerpro5

I'm onboard the NCL Dawn right now.

Tried to buy the UDP, was told it was $129+18% tip, for a total of $152 and change.

When I had inquired about buying the UDP before the cruise, I was told it was $119+18% tip, for a total of $140 and change.

I decided to wait because I wanted to use my OBC to buy the UDP. When I asked why the price had gone up $10, I was told, "That's the internet. It's always cheaper", which didn't sound right to me.

Then I got back to my stateroom and found that it was NOT $10 difference. The Freestyle Daily advertises it for $119!

And then I found another paper onboard which also says it's $119!

So they are charging $10+18% extra ($11.80 total) per person due to some kind of weird mistake (or price increase that wasn't announced, and contradicts all materials on board).

When I complained, I was told they would "raise a concern" with the restaurant manager, whatever that means.

They need to fix this for me and EVERYONE, though I bet they won't.

http://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/dining-packages

Edited by pokerpro5

OP said it is advertised onboard the ship for 119 but rings up at 129. They should sell for the price published on the shipboard material.

Here's a good question - Did he buy the package while still 2-3 hours within Boston port or on Seaday? Remember, gotta pay tax if you're in port or within, lol.

Edit- I yruly forgot taxes too makes a item more expensive than the internet prices, but only if the ship is in port or within its borders. Learned that with NYS taxes and Carnival.....

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

"Them's" are not the breaks.

You must get taken advantage a lot in every day life.

The printed material ON BOARD said $119.

I finally got a hold of the restaurant manager, who was very nice, and honored the price while apologizing for the mistake.

Of course, I reached a really obnoxious customer service rep at the front desk before that, who lectured me, "It's a misprint, you have the option to either cancel it or pay the correct price."

I asked her if she's ever head of "Bait and switch".

If printed material on board says $119, they have to honor that in all 50 US states (where I was, when I bought it). So "them's" not the breaks. "Them's" is illegal if they don't make it right.

I'm glad you got it resolved satisfactorily. Of course the printed price should be honored. Edit: But it makes me wonder how many people got ripped off without them noticing it.

Edited by Presbycruiser

Btw I do want to give CREDIT to the restaurant manager on the Dawn for handling this well and immediately fixing / apologizing to me for the situation.

So no complaints about him.

But I was really annoyed with everyone else I dealt with, who wouldn't honor it even when being shown their own printed material advertising that price.