Seavis Tour to Saona Island

meliss35

blue_water: I am interested in the Seavis excursion and also would like to purchase some Larimar while on the island. We are on a cruise docking in La Romana for the day. Would there be an opportunity to shop for Larimar after excursion? If so, where?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Along with the question about enough time, was the taxi pick up in port smooth? I have read about not being allowed to leave the fenced in port area in LA Romana. We are very interested in this excursion as well. Thanks for any information

For those who took the Seavis Tour Saona Carnival Special, La Romana,DR . Did you have plenty of time to return to the port? We will be arriving June 21, 2016 from 9-4pm. The excursion will last 6 hrs. Thanks

Yes. Seavis monitors the Carnival schedule closely because Carnival often adjusts the arrival/departure by 1 hour. Seavis does an excellent job, you will be very happy you went - don't worry about a thing.

You will receive instructions on where to look for the taxis, no worries if you follow the directions.

Great day with Seavis!

Yes. Seavis monitors the Carnival schedule closely because Carnival often adjusts the arrival/departure by 1 hour. Seavis does an excellent job, you will be very happy you went - don't worry about a thing.

You will receive instructions on where to look for the taxis, no worries if you follow the directions.

Great day with Seavis!

Thank you!

Are the Seavis excursions, available from Amber Cove?

I looked and couldn't find anything about it. I think it's too far away as its on the other side. Maybe once the cruise ships are in Amber cove longer Seavis will start tours there to. Highly recommend Seavis. I actually arranged a group via our roll call. When we got to the boats our group had an entire boat. They have several boats.

• 2 weeks later...
What is the restroom situation like on the Seavis tour? I am traveling with someone with stomach issues and just wondering how long the boat rides are and where restrooms are available.

There is a restroom by the Seavis office (rustic) and on Saona Island where you have lunch, but not on the boats. So you are without them for much of the trip.

• 1 month later...
Are you referring to the Seavis tour or the Carnival excursion? No offense but I would prefer an excursion without alcohol involved.

You and me also, a bunch of drunks would ruin my day! Plan on taking the Seavis excursion.

• 4 weeks later...
Did you feel safe finding the taxi and getting to and from this excursion? Did you return back to port in plenty of time?

Yes we didn't have a problem with locating the taxi, you'll get directions from Seavis, and the drivers were waiting in the area we expected. They work with Seavis every week and know the routine. They are waiting for you when you return to Bayahibe on the boat.

Seavis will adjust their departure and return times based on the Carnival port times, no worries about getting back to the ship.

Really a very carefree and fun day, and you are in good hands all the way!

• 4 weeks later...
Is this tour fun for kids?

Absolutely! A great option for families, the staff are very respectful and responsible, and the ride through the mangroves and rocks are fun and interesting. The kids will love seeing the starfish in shallow water at the Natural Pool.

Cuba Libres and Cokes are served on Saona and again at the Pool, great fun for kids of all ages and the staff does a great job, just a nice relaxing experience and not a party atmosphere. We've been on tours with Seavis and Pro Excursions and both are very family-friendly because the owners want that. You never know how many on your boat will be younger or older but we would not hesitate to take kids on these excursions.

Edited by blue_water