Umbrellas on Scenic?

Calgary North

Umbrellas and walking poles provided. It's not Scenic who are precious obout weight but the airlines, they do give a suitcase size which also conforms to the Eurostar size. Have a great cruise. No binoculars as yet we always take a small Tasco pair which have been very useful on our four cruises with Scenic.

CA

Edited by Canal archive

we are taking our first river cruise later in October - tour starts out of Paris. I have some trepidation re how much walking is involved.

My hubby doesn't have a lot of energy these days. We choose either a cruise on a line we like or book an apt in the city we enjoy.

I'm excited about trying something new. I gather there is not much to do on the boat so we'll need to be reasonably active.

I think we are on the Emerald.

cheers,

Dianne and Al

Victoria BC

Dianne & Al,

I was on the Emerald last month. Most mornings there were 3-4 excursions offered and most of them required some walking. A few days light walking tours were offered. Some afternoons, we cruised the river and had a cheese tasting, risotto demonstration, crepe demonstration, French lessons, etc. So there were some activities on board.

Hope you enjoy the cruise as much as we did. This was my first river cruise and I can't wait for my next.

This is a great blog written on a May Rhone River cruise. http://planetronellenfitch.blogspot.ca/2015/05/south-of-france-2015-paris-to-chalon.html

we are taking our first river cruise later in October - tour starts out of Paris. I have some trepidation re how much walking is involved.

My hubby doesn't have a lot of energy these days. We choose either a cruise on a line we like or book an apt in the city we enjoy.

I'm excited about trying something new. I gather there is not much to do on the boat so we'll need to be reasonably active.

I think we are on the Emerald.

cheers,

Dianne and Al

Victoria BC

On the two Scenic River cruises I have been on I found there was ofter a 'slow/limited' walkers group that didn't go as far and avoided steep climbs. The hiking poles in each cabin are a help and there is often a wheelchair available to borrow. On the Russian cruise I have just returned from a crew member often came out and pushed the chair for a passenger who had difficulty keeping up to help the partner out.