New years eve options in Recoleta

ptrpanpens

Does anyone have any recommendations for dinner in Buenos Aires on New Years Eve? I am staying in Recoleta and there is a small group of us trying to decide on a restaurant. I have emailed one place but have heard no response but figure that it is vital to book in advance. Is it better to just call?

My hotel the Club Frances on Rodriguez Pena gats a good rating for their restaurant but it costs $1300 ARS plus tip, presumably so that is expensive even at the blue rate. It does include about 7 courses plus wine and champagne though so I dont know how out of line it is for a highscale restaurant on New Years Eve. Does anyone have any advice about the going rate on NYE for a nice restaurant? Or any recommendations?

• 3 weeks later...

1300 pesos (about $80) for a 7 course tasting menu including wines sounds like a pretty good deal to me, especially on NY eve. If you want to celebrate with NY festivities, the luxury hotel dinner/ dance/ parties will run considerably more, but still a bargain compared to No Am/European pricings. Check the web sites of the top hotels. Hey, you only live once.

Edited by pmacher61

1300 pesos (about $80) for a 7 course tasting menu including wines sounds like a pretty good deal to me, especially on NY eve. If you want to celebrate with NY festivities, the luxury hotel dinner/ dance/ parties will run considerably more, but still a bargain compared to No Am/European pricings. Check the web sites of the top hotels. Hey, you only live once.

Thanks. I didnt know if this was high for Buenos Aires or not. I know it would be reasonable here in Los Angeles. We are also looking at La Pecora Nera in Recoleta. Are you familiar with it? It gets good ratings but you never know.

My problem with New Years is that I do not drink much so all you can drink wine and champagne is wasted on me. I am also not much of a beef eater so may have some stares directed at me in Argentina.:eek: Is Buenos Aires busy on Nrw Years Eve or are people out of town on vacation?