Best way to travel to do our excursions

Vacationlover2

OK. Here's our plan. Wednesday take ferry to St. George. Do town, Blue Hole, Elbow Beach, maybe Tobacco Bay if time. Then back to ship.

Thursday we have boat rental at Somerset watersports.

Friday Horseshoe Bay.

There are 4 of us. 2 adults, 2 kids. For Thursday, I think it is best to take a cab. Is that accurate or is the bus a better way to go?

For the other days, can I buy tickets at the dockyard? I am thinking maybe the book of 15 might be enough for us. What do you guys think?

THanks!

Actually, after doing more research it seems I should probably buy tokens at the information center.

Edited by Vacationlover2
more info

OK. Here's our plan. Wednesday take ferry to St. George. Do town, Blue Hole, Elbow Beach, maybe Tobacco Bay if time. Then back to ship.

Thursday we have boat rental at Somerset watersports.

Friday Horseshoe Bay.

There are 4 of us. 2 adults, 2 kids. For Thursday, I think it is best to take a cab. Is that accurate or is the bus a better way to go?

For the other days, can I buy tickets at the dockyard? I am thinking maybe the book of 15 might be enough for us. What do you guys think?

THanks!

Actually, after doing more research it seems I should probably buy tokens at the information center.

Elbow Beach is not in St. George. You should delete that and do Tobacco Bay and maybe St. Catherine Beach. Or do Blue Hole and skip Tobacco but with kids I suggest Tobacco.

Day two take the taxi to Somerset Watersports.

Day three a taxi to Horseshoe or the $16 rt Shuttle.

No, you can not get the ticket book at the Dockyard. What other days? Your plan includes public transit only on the first day. Buy tokens.

Edited by Charles4515

Somerset Water Sports is on Bus Route #7. If you bought tokens at $4.50 each person each way, it would be $18 each way for the four of you. That is less than a taxi would be. The bus is easy to use and very easy to get to. If you decide on the bus, have the driver leave you off on the far side of the small draw bridge and walk back across the bridge to get to Somerset Water Sports. You will have a sidewalk to walk on. If you are left off before the draw bridge, you have to walk along the road and that is dangerous since the roads are so narrow.

You could do the same thing for Horseshoe Beach with tokens. Horseshoe is on Bus Route #7 also and you would need the same number of tokens, 2 for each of you. You just have to be aware of the time on your last day and get back up to the bus stop to catch a bus back to the ship early enough. Sometimes, later in the day, the bus fills up and then you have to wait for the next bus to come.

Using the tokens for your group would be less expensive than hiring a taxi for the four of you if cost counts for anything.

Somerset Water Sports is on Bus Route #7. If you bought tokens at $4.50 each person each way, it would be $18 each way for the four of you. That is less than a taxi would be. The bus is easy to use and very easy to get to. If you decide on the bus, have the driver leave you off on the far side of the small draw bridge and walk back across the bridge to get to Somerset Water Sports. You will have a sidewalk to walk on. If you are left off before the draw bridge, you have to walk along the road and that is dangerous since the roads are so narrow.

You could do the same thing for Horseshoe Beach with tokens. Horseshoe is on Bus Route #7 also and you would need the same number of tokens, 2 for each of you. You just have to be aware of the time on your last day and get back up to the bus stop to catch a bus back to the ship early enough. Sometimes, later in the day, the bus fills up and then you have to wait for the next bus to come.

Using the tokens for your group would be less expensive than hiring a taxi for the four of you if cost counts for anything.

A taxi to Somerset will be about $20. You really think they should take a bus to save a couple of bucks? I don't think so.....

For the last day when they have to get back to the ship I think waiting for a bus isn't the best option. Particularly since they are on Breakaway with the changed early departure. Taxis and the $16 RT shuttle will be waiting at the bottom of the hill. Since there are 4 of them I recommend a taxi. They can maximize their stay at Horseshoe and they won't have to stress out about getiting back in time.

Edited by Charles4515