Great Stirrup Cay

baflagg

Does anyone know if cabana's usually sell out? We are going on the Breakaway next April and are considering getting one. We haven't been to GSC in a few years but remember the time we did go the beach was very crowded and by the time we go off the tender it was hard finding seats.

After looking at the cabana's seems it would be nice to have the space, shade and a beach area that may not be so crowded but just not sure if I should book this sooner rather than later.

Thanks for any feedback

Edited by baflagg

I bet you stopped at the 1st beach area you came to....if you walk past that area, you find plenty of less crowded beach areas! No need to pay for a cabana! Most folks come to the 1st area with loungers, assume that's all there is...and scramble for seats. Ignore that 1st area...keep on walking!

Plenty of trees for shade. You can pull your lounger INTO the shade!!!

The large ones are still available for my cruise in November but, although I was watching for them, I never did see the small cabanas available. I thought it was strange that nobody at NCL could tell me when the cabanas would be available for sale, just that I would have to keep trying until they were (I think approximately 10 months, in this case).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The large ones are still available for my cruise in November but, although I was watching for them, I never did see the small cabanas available. I thought it was strange that nobody at NCL could tell me when the cabanas would be available for sale, just that I would have to keep trying until they were (I think approximately 10 months, in this case).

I booked my upcoming Pearl cruise with about 2 months to go, and there were both small and large cabanas available on the excursions page when I did so. After about 3 weeks, they were no longer available on the page, so I assumed they sold out. I wonder if yours sold out very quickly?

Is there a bar and food at the Lagoon?

I'm going to GSC for the first time in a couple weeks, and from what research I've done, the bar and food area is only open for bigger ships, so it depends what ship you're on. I'm on the Pearl, so I'm not expecting it to be open.

Check out FreestyleNovice's pic in post 5 of the below thread:

boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2234931