Miami pre cruise hotel - Marriott Marquis vs Hampton Brickell?

Dst314

Has anyone stayed at both of these? Which was preferred for 1 night pre cruise?

What are pros/cons for each? I have points I can use at either location so cost isn't an issue. I'm flying into FLL and driving to Miami. Dec 19th cruise on Celebrity Reflection.

We stayed at the JW Marquis pre cruise and it was wonderful. Its a very large hotel with beautiful views. Not really close to anything worth walking to for dining. We cabbed it to Brickell Village and also to Little Havana for meals. Also ate in the hotel for lunch and their sports bar, which isn't really like a typical sport bar. The food was very good. The pool is on one of the higher floors but doesn't get much sun because of all the high rises there, but it was large and very nice. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. If you're a Gold or Platinum Marriott member and have access to the lounge, their breakfasts were plentiful. Didn't go to their happy hour so I can't comment.

We stayed at the JW Marquis pre cruise and it was wonderful. Its a very large hotel with beautiful views. Not really close to anything worth walking to for dining. We cabbed it to Brickell Village and also to Little Havana for meals. Also ate in the hotel for lunch and their sports bar, which isn't really like a typical sport bar. The food was very good. The pool is on one of the higher floors but doesn't get much sun because of all the high rises there, but it was large and very nice. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. If you're a Gold or Platinum Marriott member and have access to the lounge, their breakfasts were plentiful. Didn't go to their happy hour so I can't comment.

It's walkable to many restaurants worth walking too!! Including the one right in the restaurant. It's also a short walk to Mary Brickell Village!

One of the best sushi restaurants is right across the street. Capital Grille is on the corner, Trulucks in walkable, Toro Toro, Wolfgang's Steakhouse, River Oyster, Le Mar, Tamarina!!

The Marriott Marquis is a full service hotel. It's several stories high. It's only around three years young.

The Hampton Inn is very nice too but not a full service hotel. (eg., no restaurant but it does include a nice breakfast).

If you want a full service hotel go with the Marquis. If not and you want breakfast included go with Hampton Inn.

Both are close to restaurants. The Marriott Marquis is about 1 15 minute walk to Mary Brickell Village and ten minute walk to Bayside. I prefer Mary Brickell. As cjskids said it is also near some other nice restaurants.

Marriott Marquis is right near the new Whole Foods.

Hampton Inn is also near Bayside and Mary Brickell and at Mary Brickell there is a Publix Grocery Store.

Both are relatively close to pharmacies.

Keith