Dropping off & Picking up people at Miami port

qek585

Hi everybody. I was wondering how drop off and pick ups work at the Miami port. I was thinking of dropping my wife, kids and luggage off at the port, then drive to park my car somewhere else to save money. I'll then take public transit as close as I can to the port. then probably walk to port.

I'll be doing this as early as possible, of course, but I'm just worried that the distance from the drop off point to the terminal would be too far for her to handle, with kids and luggage in tow. Are there designated drop off points for each terminal? Is there even a drop off point, or do people have to park at a lot to unload/pick up? Also, are there restaurants or waiting rooms at the terminal for people to sit down at?

Luggage and passenger drop off is in front of each terminal. The porters will assist you in getting your luggage tagged and loaded onto the ships carts. Yes, each terminal has a waiting area. No restaurants though. Some port parking lots have shuttles to take you back to the ship.

Traffic in Miami is horrible. If you use an off site parking lot, they usually provide free shuttle back to the port. As HUNKY said, drop off at the port is directly in front of each cruise lines terminal with porters ready to take your luggage and direct your family to the waiting area. There are no restaurants and nothing is within walking distance inside the port. Most off site parking lots are within a mile or two of the port. We usually park in the covered parking garages at the port just for the convenience and security. The off site lots are not in a good neighborhood (I wouldn't leave my car in any of them....). Parking is $20/day at the port but I think it's worth the peace of mind and convenience.

No restaurant but there is always a food truck on the terminal right by the exit of the royal caribbean port section. It's located all the way to your left assuming you are in front the ship. Also there are some benches outside the terminal that you can seat there.