New DSC Removal Form

Wendy&Grumpy

Has it been posted anywhere?

I was told it's here but I have searched and searched and cannot locate it.

If anyone has a link to it (or thread where it's posted?), please share. Thanks!

Yes. The thread was locked.

It's nice that they are gonna make it inconvenient for people to eschew paying their obligations.

Great, that means only a small percentage of a small percent will be removing their DSC.

Which will change really nothing. What % do it now? Without Guessing?

Now if people find out they can be, basically anonymous, at least not in person, then this may actually encourage people who might be shamed or shy or feeling silly to get $ back they might not otherwise have.

Thanks to Google and Cruise Critic news its already out in the real world.

Don't worry about NCL they'll find another way to get $ from everyone.

It's nice that they are gonna make it inconvenient for people to eschew paying their obligations.

Obligations? Or requested/suggested amount?

If it's not required it's not an obligation. simple enough.

Even NCL gets it.

That's the first form I've ever seen from NCL on plain white paper. I guess the new management doesn't believe in letterhead.

Another cost saving move? [emoji15]

Its a form for a refund for some people that don't want to pay for Service because their cheap - It would be nice of NCL to put their logo, but I can understand if they're like 'Whatever, logos and letterhead are for paying customers only'.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

First, according to the contract it is discretionary, not an obligation. Secondly, for me it is more convenient. I have and posted the form in Word, fill it out, email it on last day of cruise. Don't even have to stand in line. Now I can even prepay without hassle.

I tip generously to the crew who serve me. I see no need to give NCL a cut of that.

Edited by Jane Don

Its a form for a refund for some people that don't want to pay for Service because their cheap - It would be nice of NCL to put their logo, but I can understand if they're like 'Whatever, logos and letterhead are for paying customers only'.

I am a paying customer, just not the not really required extra optional charges that they don't really need.

Edited by legion3

Now if people find out they can be, basically anonymous, at least not in person, then this may actually encourage people who might be shamed or shy or feeling silly to get $ back they might not otherwise have.

Actually, that's a bad thing because now the other cruise lines have the basic info along with the form to setup their own process in handling DSC-removers.

Actually, that's a bad thing because now the other cruise lines have the basic info along with the form to setup their own process in handling DSC-removers.

What? How do you think they will "handle" them?

First, we must assume other cruise lines will jump on the NCL bandwagon. Unlikely.

Second, if they do, so what? I still will get my $ back.

In the end that's all that matters.

Edited by legion3

I really don't think that people that were never intending to remove or reduce their DSC, would even consider it no matter how anonymous they can be or how easy it is. If you look at many of the posters on this thread and the other locked down one and the sticky, it seem like only the minority want to remove or reduce their DSC.

You are correct, if NCL finds that many remove or reduce without any real service problems, I'm sure that they will find a way to make up that revenue. They could start to charge for all shows. They could start to charge for the children's programs. They could charge more for drinks and drink packages. They could charge more for specialty restaurants and dining packages. They could stop passengers from bringing on sodas and water. They could raise everyone's cruise fares. They are a business and they are not going to lose revenue, but I really don't see them doing any of these things, because I don't feel we are talking about many that want to remove the DSC without having a service issue that was not resolved.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I really don't think that people that were never intending to remove or reduce their DSC, would even consider it no matter how anonymous they can be or how easy it is. If you look at many of the posters on this thread and the other locked down one and the sticky, it seem like only the minority want to remove or reduce their DSC.

You are correct, if NCL finds that many remove or reduce without any real service problems, I'm sure that they will find a way to make up that revenue. They could start to charge for all shows. They could start to charge for the children's programs. They could charge more for drinks and drink packages. They could charge more for specialty restaurants and dining packages. They could stop passengers from bringing on sodas and water. They could raise everyone's cruise fares. They are a business and they are not going to lose revenue, but I really don't see them doing any of these things, because I don't feel we are talking about many that want to remove the DSC without having a service issue that was not resolved.

Then all of this thread is really inconsequential to you. I really don't care what other cruisers do or NCL does, I will do what I do and chance the consequences.

Then all of this thread is really inconsequential to you. I really don't care what other cruisers do or NCL does, I will do what I do and chance the consequences.
This thread is important and of interest to me; even though I don't care what other passengers do, I do care what NCL does.

This thread is important and of interest to me; even though I don't care what other passengers do, I do care what NCL does.

Well, when NCL does some of the things you suggest they might, then there it is. At this point NCL has made the policy a little more complicated, nothing more or less.

Well, when NCL does some of the things you suggest they might, then there it is. At this point NCL has made the policy a little more complicated, nothing more or less.
That is what I've been saying, the new procedure just makes those that want a refund jump through a few hoops and there isn't the instant gratification of getting the money instantly.

Yes...I know what it is supposed to be, but that doesn't change the impression that it looks like something someone typed up on their PC using Word.

Although that probably doesn't matter. As long as it causes Cruise Critic chatter its good to go.

There you go again making things up.

Could you please show me where this has been stated by NCL.

Rochelle

That is what I've been saying, the new procedure just makes those that want a refund jump through a few hoops and there isn't the instant gratification of getting the money instantly.

Well if it was set up on a Credit Card, as I would assume most do, it was never instant anyhow. So most people didn't walk away with cash in hand anyway. Those with cash accounts got a check at one time and later a refund by check in the mail. I have gotten cash but usually it was small amounts remaining on the account.

CCL used to give a check face to face, now you have to wait for accounting to send it to you. It's a delay nothing more.

NCL hopes this will be a deterrent and then a delay.