How long can you stay onboard?

voyageur

In all the threads posted I've only read questions asking how quickly you can disembark to catch an early flight... my question is how rushed are you to get off the ship? What time is everyone expected off? Our flight isn't until later in the afternoon, and don't care to do any sight seeing before our flight.

Hi folks I'm back.....sorry I haven't been in touch since our SD1 cruise in June (2 weeks Nice to Rome to Nice) and that I never got round to that promised review but things cropped up....!!

anyway to the question in hand...we also had afternoon flights home and as the airport was only 15 mins away we did not fancy sitting in the airport lounge for hours and hours...so we stayed on board till 10.00am and "saw everyone off"...we asked if SD would look after our luggage for us (yes) and then went walk about and had a leisurely lunch before returning to the ship (about 2.30pm), collecting our luggage and getting a taxi to the airport...very civilised...

I usually find that if you ask (nicely) you get....

xxH

Nice to see you back again Helen.

I agree ---the SeaDream folks were great at watching our luggage both times-- both at Havensight and the new slip.

Your comments on asking nicely are so true -- there was a discussion on the Seabourn site about a person showing up for breakfast 15 minutes past the "announced" time and not being admitted. While the dining area may be closed on SeaDream, I can't not imagine the wonderful staff not trying to accomodate the request in another area of the ship. But so many times we see them having to deal with a rude person who doesn't know the meaning of the words "please" and "thank you". I admire them immensely for their wonderful service.

FT

FT,

I thought Havensight was the new slip. SD used to dock in Crown Bay, now they dock in Havensight. Has something changed? :confused:

They can and do dock at either location, depending on the number of other ships calling on St. Thomas on the day in question.

Archived