Changing a name on a reservation

LPERHAC

I have a problem, I need to change a reservation for a cruise that I am going on Oct 3 on the valor. My mother in law is not able to go so I want to change the reservation to my parents. Unfortunately I have the early saver rate. I am ok with paying penalties, I just don't want to lose the room or the money. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

I am confused. Your MIL is not able to go. That is one person. You want to change the reservation to your parents. That is two.

First if you have two people on a reservation, you can drop one and add one but one of the original must remain on the reservation. So if you and mother in law were booked you could drop her and add one person but your name would need to remain on the reservation.

Two you can not just add a person. The stateroom you booked is capacity controlled.

You will need to call Carnival provided you book directly with Carnival and discuss your options.

Please come back and let us know what they said so that we can help others.

It is possible you may be able to change one person then in a couple of weeks you could change out the other.

Another option could be drop one now and change it to a 3 person room and have the original be a no show.

Call carnival and see if they have a better option, but you can keep those two get around the problem solutions in mind.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Why can't you change the guest names in your "my cruise manager" on Carnivals website? When I booked mine I logged in to double check that my PVP got my wife's name spelled correctly. My wife spells her name very uniquely and when I checked it the first name was correct but last name she hyphenates and it wasn't correct but I just clicked modify on the guest tab and changed it online myself no problem. Later my PVP emailed me and said "did I not get your wife's name correct?" I replied it just needed a hyphen in the last name and I figured out to change it myself as it needs to match what's on her drivers license and passport. and he said ok no problem.

Edit. Ok now adding a guest you would have to call carnival.

Edited by Jeepenfun

Early Saver doesn't allow name changes. They can cancel the cruise and Carnival will hold the Deposit (less $50pp penalty) toward a future cruise. If you paid the deposit you may be ab le to get the future cruise credit in your name. If they caqncel and re-book in the same call, Carnival should apply the credit to the new Deposit; otherwise they'll have to pay the new deposit and Carnival will apply the credit to the Balance. Ken

Yes. That's why I would like to change the reservation to my parents. So I won't lose my money.

Can you please post to let me know how you make out? I'm hesitant about booking early saver in case someone can't go and we need to change a name after the original early saver booking. Thanks!

Call carnival.. Maybe it has changed? But my friend changed the name of her cabin mate for $150. Good luck!!!!!! :)

Yes, but the OP needs both name changes because neither cruiser is going.

I hope the people cancelling have good reason to because it's no lost money to them (just the one paying).

One of her friends were also going. Neither of which are able to go. I am going to call them tomorrow and see what the verdict is. Thanks

Unfortunately you are going to lose the cabin and all monies that you have paid unless the cruise is slow selling and they might help then, but it is a real long shot.

One of her friends were also going. Neither of which are able to go. I am going to call them tomorrow and see what the verdict is. Thanks

Unfortunately you can't change both people in the cabin. At least one person who was on the original booking has to stay in the cabin. You can cancel one of them and add a replacement for $250.

Since you are past final payment date, you are subject to cancellation penalties. If you cancel them both by September 18, 2015 you will be able to get 25% of your cruise cost back. If you cancel after that, you will only get back taxes and port fees. If you have insurance and they are cancelling for covered reasons, then you can make a claim with your insurance to be reimbursed for the portion of the cost you didn't receive back from Carnival.

Unfortunately you can't change both people in the cabin. At least one person who was on the original booking has to stay in the cabin. You can cancel one of them and add a replacement for $250.

Since you are past final payment date' date=' you are subject to cancellation penalties. If you cancel them both by September 18, 2015 you will be able to get 25% of your cruise cost back. If you cancel after that, you will only get back taxes and port fees. If you have insurance and they are cancelling for covered reasons, then you can make a claim with your insurance to be reimbursed for the portion of the cost you didn't receive back from Carnival.[/quote']

The cruise is in 2 weeks. Isn't that a total loss? I'm doubting there is insurance or the OP would not be asking about name changes.

Ok good news, everyone who is suppose to be on board is. The mother in law has now decided to go. So we have added my mother to her room and dropped the other person that was going with her. We also added my father to one of my other rooms. It cost a little extra money doing it that way but now everyone can go. Very happy.