Vaping nicotine on board?

karen&roy

Not naive and from the midwest. They will kick your ass off the ship, that's a guarantee. I have plenty of friends who work on those ships that have tons of stories about people getting caught and removed.

Yeah right. Never seen it happen and have been on over 20 cruises in the last 7 years on various lines. Believe what you want I have no reason to lie.

Edited by CaribSailor

Yeah right. Never seen it happen and have been on over 20 cruises in the last 7 years on various lines. Believe what you want I have no reason to lie.

And those of us who HAVE seen it happen (or worse yet, had it happen to our not-too-bright travelling companions) have no reason to lie either.

Just because you haven't seen it happen doesn't mean that is doesn't - but you continue to believe what you want. As will I.

And those of us who HAVE seen it happen (or worse yet, had it happen to our not-too-bright travelling companions) have no reason to lie either.

Just because you haven't seen it happen doesn't mean that is doesn't - but you continue to believe what you want. As will I.

Yup!

been vaping for over six years and probably 20 cruises. just don't be obvious about it and you can do it just about anywhere. congrats and enjoy.

btw, it is not smoking because nothing is burned. it just emits steam. we should not be subjected to other people's second -hand smoke in the smoking area any more than a non-smoker because we are non-smokers now. if i got sick because of the forced exposure to cigarettes, i would not hesitate to sue.

If you want to make the argument in court that you should be allowed your own "designated smoking area" separate from the regular one, because you aren't smoking, good luck to you.

I think what you'll find is one of 2 things. A) That it's RCCL's ship and they are doing you a favor by allowing you to smoke at all, and B) You aren't being forced to do anything. Smoking is a choice. When I cruise I'm rarely, if ever exposed to much smoke. I'd also put in that the odds of getting cancer or pneumonia from 5 self inflicted days of standing on the deck with smoking strangers is actually zero. Not even "very close to" zero. It is zero.

I am the worst kind of ex-smoker. I hate it and do not hesitate to call-out people who smoke in on-designated areas. In fact, I once refused to get on an elevator in my office building because full of young women returning for "the smoking pit" and it stunk. And I told them that when they asked why I wasn't getting on with them.

Having said that, our granddaughter who lives with us smokes, but she is prohibited from smoking in, around, near, or within 30 minutes of my house. She has a vaporizer that she uses around the house. I let her use it in the house. She usually has a scented/flavored liquid in it and most of them smell quite nice, actually. One in particular has a nice tropical fruity smell. I smell it while she vapes, but there seems to be no lasting offensive odor in the house.

As for its health effects, she can (and unfortunately has) done far worse, but as for it's level of offensiveness to me, I find it completely non-offensive. If it were allowed in common areas of the cruise ship, it would not bother me in the least. However, the rule is "designated areas only" so that is where she will be if she chooses to vape.