Vaping nicotine on board?

karen&roy

Since its virtually undetectable, if you vape in your cabin, no one will be the wiser. Any scent doesn't linger, and doesn't stink up the place!

Yes...it CAN produce a lot of steam...but still...it's nothing like cigarette smoke. It's vapor. I wouldn't do it in public areas, since many folks still freak out about any visible "smoke"...but in the privacy of your cabin...go for it.

On a somewhat related note...the OP (and others) might as well prepare themselves for more and more restrictions. It seems "the younger generation" (do I sound like an old codger) are using these things to discretely get high on chemicals while in innocent places like school, sporting events, stores, etc..

Since its virtually undetectable, if you vape in your cabin, no one will be the wiser. Any scent doesn't linger, and doesn't stink up the place!

Yes...it CAN produce a lot of steam...but still...it's nothing like cigarette smoke. It's vapor. I wouldn't do it in public areas, since many folks still freak out about any visible "smoke"...but in the privacy of your cabin...go for it.

I would be very careful about that. my wife vapes downstairs in our basement and I can smell it as soon as I come in the room. She says, "it's vapor" but trust me I can smell it. If she were to vape in her small cabin, it does smell.

I'm not saying this to be a pain, I'm saying it to say Yea you can smell it and trying to save her from a cleaning fee.

Interesting. I think the consensus in the medical field is that we do not know yet for certain the impact of e-cigs' emissions when the particles settle on things such as surfaces and furniture. Because of your comment, I suspect that more and more folks may actually do what you suggest, and I will continue to bring along my $3 can of lysol and spray down the cabin upon entry.

On a somewhat related note...the OP (and others) might as well prepare themselves for more and more restrictions. It seems "the younger generation" (do I sound like an old codger) are using these things to discretely get high on chemicals while in innocent places like school, sporting events, stores, etc..

No that is incorrect. A proper drug that's legal in some parts of the US is very popular to vape thou, due to the non combustion. So fret not:)

...but in the privacy of your cabin...go for it.

Great attitude you won't get caught so its fine !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rules say no ........................ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE

My wife is a smoker and sulked when smoking was banned from Balconies but did she sneak a quickie NOPE she obeyed the rules

Whats more to discuss

No that is incorrect. A proper drug that's legal in some parts of the US is very popular to vape thou, due to the non combustion. So fret not:)

So I guess you know more than the 5 news reports (both local and national) that said people were getting high with the assistance of these pens.

Good to know...next time when I want to know facts I can come here.

As a health care provider, I think it's good that people have a way to reduce their exposure to all the chemicals that are in cigarette smoke. That being said, I still feel that the inhalation of the nicotine and "flavor" in these vaping devices will prove not to be healthy for them in the long run. I'm especially worried by the fact that the ingredients in these devices are unregulated and have seen that many of them are made in China and other third world countries. We all know how dedicated the Chinese are to making sure they don't sell anything but the purest products don't we? Such as drywall and the baby formula with Melamine in it. Just saying that this may not be as healthy an alternative in the long run as many believe.

I'm a recent non smoker but have been vaping for a few months. What are your experiences vaping on a ship? Since the exhaled water vape contains no chemicals I would hope I can smoke it on deck ? I really don't want to stand with the smokers because it might take me back plus I actually hate the smell now. No bashing please..just experiences. Thanks

Quick question. I honestly don't know the answer. Your title says "vaping nicotine." Considering cigarettes contain nicotine which is harmful and addictive aren't you ingesting the same thing you were as a smoker. How is this not the same. This is an honest question not trying to be a smart ass. Thanks

Edited by looking4info

Quick question. I honestly don't know the answer. Your title says "vaping nicotine." Considering cigarettes contain nicotine which is harmful and addictive aren't you ingesting the same thing you were as a smoker. How is this not the same. This is an honest question not trying to be a smart ass. Thanks

If you research it you will see that the harmful cancer causing agents are not the nicotine but all the other chemicals they put in the cigarettes. My doctor actually told me to do this to get off cigarettes. Nicotine is bad for you like caffeine. I have reduced the percentage of nicotine now though to a small amount. You can get different strengths.

http://www.ecigalternative.com/smoking-vs-vaping.htm

As a health care provider, I think it's good that people have a way to reduce their exposure to all the chemicals that are in cigarette smoke. That being said, I still feel that the inhalation of the nicotine and "flavor" in these vaping devices will prove not to be healthy for them in the long run. I'm especially worried by the fact that the ingredients in these devices are unregulated and have seen that many of them are made in China and other third world countries. We all know how dedicated the Chinese are to making sure they don't sell anything but the purest products don't we? Such as drywall and the baby formula with Melamine in it. Just saying that this may not be as healthy an alternative in the long run as many believe.

I know what you are talking about. I buy mine from a friend who makes it and I will be making my own soon. Its very simple. You can get a you tube DIY tutorial on line. People are always afraid of what they dont know. If they would get informed the judgments would stop

I would be very careful about that. my wife vapes downstairs in our basement and I can smell it as soon as I come in the room. She says, "it's vapor" but trust me I can smell it. If she were to vape in her small cabin, it does smell.

I'm not saying this to be a pain, I'm saying it to say Yea you can smell it and trying to save her from a cleaning fee.

She must have a flavored vaper because if its not it is odorless..look it up. I vape in my office with no smell

"They do have flavorless eliquid if you truly want odorless vaping. Reason people think it's odorless is because nicotine vapor doesn't have an odor, they're not accounting for all the other ingredients added to give it flavor."

Quite simply whether you don't think it smells, you don't want to stand with the smokers or where others don't like it or don't care

ITS BANNED UNDER RCCL'S RULES

Nuff said

Actually it doesnt even mention vaping. It is not an e-cigarette. But dont worry..I would NEVER break a RULE!!! LOL

For the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, our ships are designated as non-smoking; however, we recognize that some of our guests do smoke. Therefore, to provide an onboard environment that also satisfies smokers, we have designated certain areas of the ship as smoking areas.

Cigarette, cigar, e-cigarette and pipe smoking is permitted in designated outdoor areas of the starboard side of all ships; with the exception of Oasis-class ships that will allow smoking on the port side of the ships. To assist in locating areas where smoking is permitted, guests will find visible signage posted within all smoking areas and ashtrays that are provided for use. Outdoor areas near restricted areas, food venues, and kids play areas and pools will not allow smoking. On Oasis class, smoking is not permitted in Central Park or the Boardwalk neighborhoods.

Read more at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=3101&faqSubjectId=333#FqlJlOJ18QyGaUdB.99

Think years down the road when Marijuana is decriminalized in the United States.. Will there be designated area's for this on board?!?!! :eek:

I hope so...that way I wouldnt have to get a hang over from nasty alcohol!!!

Running and ducking..LOL

So I guess you know more than the 5 news reports (both local and national) that said people were getting high with the assistance of these pens.

Good to know...next time when I want to know facts I can come here.

Can you please show me those news reports with links so we can see that for ourselves? Just to knock my extremly confident assertion that you are wrong on it's head?

Think years down the road when Marijuana is decriminalized in the United States.. Will there be designated area's for this on board?!?!! :eek:

I sure hope so. Why not? Hopefully its total legalization and RC will sell it "duty free" right in the General Store :cool: It would be a great revenue generator!

I do like and appreciate your certainty that it will be decriminalized one day :)

Edited by ryano

Not trying to stir the pot but I don't think those things are as safe as people think they are. Saw the following news story recently - YIKES

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/man-suffers-fractured-neck-third-degree-burns-and-has-hole-blown-through-the-roof-of-his-mouth-after-ecigarette-explodes-10503970.html

I sure hope so. Why not? Hopefully its total legalization and RC will sell it "duty free" right in the General Store :cool: It would be a great revenue generator!

I do like and appreciate your certainty that it will be decriminalized one day :)

They don't do anything if you smoke weed on the ship. On multiple cruises we have smelt it a number of times. On a recent cruise on Oasis my wife and I were picking up our son from adventure ocean, walking back to our room the entire hallway for about 15-20 cabins stunk like Snoop Dog was on the cruise partying with Cameron Diaz. While we were enjoying.. I mean walking through the smog 2 senior officers passed us and we all laughed. They did nothing. This was like this for the entire cruise. I'm sure many of you are going to say you would have emailed Barak Obama,...I mean Michael Bailey and rushed down to guest services or interrupted the captain while he was in his jacuzzi or even try to phone Batman if you smelt it. Hey a great man has stated "What comes from the earth is of gods greatest worth, don't knock it til you try it first, you will see it's a blessing not a curse".

Edited by CaribSailor

Not trying to stir the pot but I don't think those things are as safe as people think they are. Saw the following news story recently - YIKES

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/man-suffers-fractured-neck-third-degree-burns-and-has-hole-blown-through-the-roof-of-his-mouth-after-ecigarette-explodes-10503970.html

Ouch............

they don't do anything if you smoke weed on the ship. On multiple cruises we have smelt it a number of times. On a recent cruise on oasis my wife and i were picking up our son from adventure ocean, walking back to our room the entire hallway for about 15-20 cabins stunk like snoop dog was on the cruise partying with cameron diaz. While we were enjoying.. I mean walking through the smog 2 senior officers passed us and we all laughed. They did nothing. This was like this for the entire cruise. I'm sure many of you are going to say you would have emailed barak obama,...i mean michael bailey and rushed down to guest services or interrupted the captain while he was in his jacuzzi or even try to phone batman if you smelt it. Hey a great man has stated "what comes from the earth is of gods greatest worth, don't knock it til you try it first, you will see it's a blessing not a curse".

yeah right