Celebrating Birthdays/Anniversaries Onboard

PyrHeaven

I tried doing a search for this, and I keep coming up with posts at least 3 years old. Since things change so often these days, I thought I'd ask again!

I thought I read somewhere that you can celebrate birthdays/anniversaries that take place 3 months before or after the cruise date.

We are sailing October 9th and have birthdays in our group of 7 people on 9/6, 10/14, 10/19, 11/9 and 12/3. Our anniversary is also taking place during the cruise on 10/13. That's alot to Celebrate on a 5 Night cruise!

My question is - do you receive a special personal size dessert if you are celebrating a birthday/anniversary? If so, do you tell your server? Guest services?

I'm also interested in ordering a personalized cake or two to maybe celebrate all the birthdays one night and the anniversary another - especially if Disney doesn't do anything special. Has anyone had the cakes before? Are they worth the price? Can you order over the phone instead of faxing in that old school order form?

This is my first Disney cruise, and I am SO excited but almost feel like a first time cruiser again with all my questions! :) Thank you in advance!

Whatever you've read about some 3 month rule is garbage. You can celebrate anything you want any time you want.

The way to schedule a celebration is to note it on your reservation AND tell your head server on the first night of the cruise. The celebration person will get an individual dessert and they will sing HB in the dining room. You can to to GS and get a button to wear all day. It may vary--"It's My Birthday" or "I'm Celebrating" based on what is in stock. The head server may also have the buttons, but it's more fun to wear it all day rather than getting it at dinner.

Yes, if you celebrate each thing separately, you're going to have a celebration every night of the cruise.

The only way I know to order the cake is to follow the instructions and fax it in. "Worth it" is always a personal decision. The purchased cakes are nice and taste good. They cost 3-4 times as much as a similar cake from a bakery at home.

Honestly, the celebrations are not a big deal. I wouldn't order 2 cakes, but that's just me. There is plenty of free cake available on the cruise. One for the birthdays, maybe. Go to Palo for your anniversary!

They usually bring out something special with dessert if you are having a celebration, even if it is only to write 'Happy Birthday' (or whatever is relevant) on the plate in chocolate.

Last time we cruised on the Fantasy, my husband and I were celebrating our anniversary. During our Animator's Palate dinner, Crush came right to us and talked to us, wishing us a happy anniversary and making us say 'I love you' in whale to each other, because whale is such a romantic language, don't you know. ;) We were laughing the whole time and we know we'll always remember it. FTR, we had put on our reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary that night.

I tried doing a search for this, and I keep coming up with posts at least 3 years old. Since things change so often these days, I thought I'd ask again!

I thought I read somewhere that you can celebrate birthdays/anniversaries that take place 3 months before or after the cruise date.

We are sailing October 9th and have birthdays in our group of 7 people on 9/6, 10/14, 10/19, 11/9 and 12/3. Our anniversary is also taking place during the cruise on 10/13. That's alot to Celebrate on a 5 Night cruise!

My question is - do you receive a special personal size dessert if you are celebrating a birthday/anniversary? If so, do you tell your server? Guest services?

I'm also interested in ordering a personalized cake or two to maybe celebrate all the birthdays one night and the anniversary another - especially if Disney doesn't do anything special. Has anyone had the cakes before? Are they worth the price? Can you order over the phone instead of faxing in that old school order form?

This is my first Disney cruise, and I am SO excited but almost feel like a first time cruiser again with all my questions! :) Thank you in advance!

Hi, when we boarded, we have Mickey/Minnie Pins waiting for us (along with our return guest gift), I don't remember what, if anything else was related to our aniversary left in the stateroom. I almost remember a cake, but I don't have a picture available to prove it and I'm not sure.

Our server tried to tell dh they celebrate all special occasions on one night, nope, not what dh wanted :D, he wanted formal night. Dh ran down the before dinner on formal night to give the server my gift, the server presented it to me with dessert! He didn't order a cake or anything, since the normal/included desserts are great. The image of the printed chocolate looks familiar, so something extra may have been included. I don't remember singing, but there may have been (I remember the singing of happy honeymoon on carnival).

Yeah, that stuff about all the celebrations being on one night is more nonsense from a very lazy server.

Any time we have listed a celebration, the head server has cornered me on the first night of the cruise to confirm who is the celebrating person and which night we want the celebration. At first I was surprised because I just figured that all birthday celebrations were on the real birthday (ours are). Bottom line--they will do it any night you wish.

Yeah' date=' that stuff about all the celebrations being on one night is more nonsense from a very lazy server.

Any time we have listed a celebration, the head server has cornered me on the first night of the cruise to confirm who is the celebrating person and which night we want the celebration. At first I was surprised because I just figured that all birthday celebrations were on the real birthday (ours are). Bottom line--they will do it any night you wish.[/quote']

well, everyone else fell for it! But there's something about being on cruise, dh doesn't accept being told no. :D I think the issue was more work for the server on formal night (typically more tables filled on formal nights), but it was great! he presented me with my gift and life was good.