Mr Sanchos - Towel / Chair Only

Sandy1975

This will be our second time in Cozumel. The first time we went to Paradise Beach and paid the $10 or $15 consumption fee to use their chairs.

We want to try something different this time. We are not interest in doing the all inclusive packages since we have one in the cruise and won't spend all day at the beach. So my question is: Can I go to Mr Sanchos and just put my towel down at the beach or rent a chair if I want one? We will probably stay there for a few hours so we will use the bar but a la carte.

If I walk further to the Nachi beach area, can I do the same? Just put my towel down and enjoy the beach?

Thanks

No admission fee at the non-AI side of Mr. Sanchos - grab a chair and order a drink or food if you want some.

You can walk the public beach down to Nachi but cannot use their chairs or facilities unless you pay the AI fee of about $55. My understanding (I am not a Mexican lawyer and did not stay at a Holiday Inn recently ;)) is that the public access area stretches from the high tide mark into the water - if you go beyond the high tide mark you play by the beach club's rules.

You can save $$ by taking a cheaper taxi ($10 vs. $17 each way) to the Money Bar - great facilities, no admission fee, and wonderful snorkeling from the shore. http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

Edited by JohninDC

This will be our second time in Cozumel. The first time we went to Paradise Beach and paid the $10 or $15 consumption fee to use their chairs.

Really? Paradise Beach is only $3 unless you want the pass to use all of the "toys." They do expect you to spend $10 in food and drink, but what's a beach without a margarita :)

Really? Paradise Beach is only $3 unless you want the pass to use all of the "toys." They do expect you to spend $10 in food and drink, but what's a beach without a margarita :)

I guess we took the "expect you" as "must spend". Not a big deal since it is pretty easy to spend that and like you said: A beach in the Caribbean is not complete w/o a drink in hand! (at least for me). :)

No admission fee at the non-AI side of Mr. Sanchos - grab a chair and order a drink or food if you want some.

You can walk the public beach down to Nachi but cannot use their chairs or facilities unless you pay the AI fee of about $55. My understanding (I am not a Mexican lawyer and did not stay at a Holiday Inn recently ;)) is that the public access area stretches from the high tide mark into the water - if you go beyond the high tide mark you play by the beach club's rules.

You can save $$ by taking a cheaper taxi ($10 vs. $17 each way) to the Money Bar - great facilities, no admission fee, and wonderful snorkeling from the shore. http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

Thanks, I didn't know you could just grab a chair on the non-AI side for free and enjoy the beach with service too.

I will check out money bar website.