Quick question about checked luggage

Rainbowfalls

So I know this may be asked but I have looked couldn't find anything to answer this question.

I will have to check my suite-case because of it's size which I am fine with, but we normally do self embarkation (carrying our luggage off ourselves), if I have to check my luggage in due to size do I have to also have them take it off the ship for me or can I just do as normal and take it off myself.

Sorry for the stupid question but it's bothering me lol cause I dont want to have to wait for my luggage on disembarkation day.

No! As long as you are able to manage it you can self disembark with it. Just keep in mind, debarkation day can be really crazy, and you may not be able to catch an elevator. Ask yourself, if you had to, could you carry that suitcase down a few flights of stairs? We had to one morning on Princess. It wasn't fun but we managed..

Yes - you can carry your luggage off whether you checked it in at embarkation or not. I so prefer self-assist for debarkation so I can keep my luggage with me until the morning. I've never lost luggage but it always makes me nervous to put my luggage out into the hallway!

We carried our luggage off in New Orleans and there was a rep from the pier standing at the top of the escalator stating that if you must be able to hold the handrail going down in order to take your luggage on the escalator. If you have to use both hands to pull luggage (one piece or two) you must take the elevator - the wait wasn't long but we did have to take the elevator down and it put that many more people in front of us at customs.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!