The. Amsterdam

Windy56

I understand that this ship underwent some refurbishing, recently. Would any posters happen to know what improvements/changes were made? We have booked a world cruise for January 2017 and are curious.

Thanks so much, in advance, for any information you might be able to pass on.

We were on the ship about 1.5 weeks after her drydock. Apparently it was things like new carpets, beds, and some plumbing fixes. I can say that the carpets and beds were confirmed to be new, and that I didn't see any ceiling leaks like some people had reported on the World Cruise that ended a few weeks before we got on. There are some photos and such in the review on our blog if that helps any....

We were on the Amsterdam last week and the only changes I noted from last September were new chairs in the Lido and in the Caneletto . I think one deck may have had new cabin furnishings but I don't know for sure. All the public rooms seemed the same.

Last week, twice, the water was turned off for several hours at a time for some maintenance including the last night before returning to Seattle until 5AM , at least on deck 7, and thus one had to run the water for at least 10 minutes to get the rust out. Not conducive to showering before disembarking.

The Amsterdam also had a dry dock in December 2013 as well as the one in May of this year so there may be another one prior to the World Cruise of 2017 - don't know for a fact, just guessing.

The Amsterdam also had a dry dock in December 2013 as well as the one in May of this year so there may be another one prior to the World Cruise of 2017 - don't know for a fact, just guessing.

Was curious so looked up her itineraries. Maybe no dry dock except possibly a few days as looks like she is booked pretty solid as she goes thru the Canal and up to Alaska after the 2016 WC thru Sept 27, then Tales of So Pacific thru 17 Nov, then Hawaii until 21 Dec when she goes back thru the Canal to FLL for the WC. Would be nice though as will also be on that cruise.