Checking in Gatwick, MSC - British Airways

Jollyholidays

Booked on cruise soon,taking arranged MSC flight from Gatwick, told yesterday by MSC that it's a block booking so cannot check in on-line just have to turn up early, for 7 am flight to get preferred seat????. As we are staying in hotel before. Will BA let us check bags and arrange seating night before on MSC booking?

Booked on cruise soon,taking arranged MSC flight from Gatwick, told yesterday by MSC that it's a block booking so cannot check in on-line just have to turn up early, for 7 am flight to get preferred seat????. As we are staying in hotel before. Will BA let us check bags and arrange seating night before on MSC booking?

It's been awhile since I had BA flights MSC provided but I came across this group block booking issue before when I was trying to change my seats. I was able to do it online, but I had to tell a wee porky at one point and tick a box to day I had all the travellers permission to change my seat! Seeing as how I was just moving myself awY from a group of fellow cruisers I'd never met, to an aisle seat further back, I could not see how any one would object at me doing this. I was able to check on online too. It may be different now, but still worth trying.

Don't know if it is possible to check bags in the night before.

Hi AmoMondo, thanks again replying to a query. Been in touch with BA who will let me check-in bags evening before. However, without a flight booking reference which MSC won't give me for the block booking reason, unable to change seats or up upgrade until we get to the airport.

We went from Gatwick August. We turned up at the airport in the morning and just checked in and dropped our bags. There was no issue and we were already seated together. I think if you have booked together they seat you together automatically. My friend went at the beginning of August and there were 8 people in her party and they were all seated together. we actually found the check in queue was a fraction of the size of the bag drop queue. If I remember rightly there was 1 party before us. It took about 5 minutes from walking into the terminal and checking in and dropping bags. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi AmoMondo, thanks again replying to a query. Been in touch with BA who will let me check-in bags evening before. However, without a flight booking reference which MSC won't give me for the block booking reason, unable to change seats or up upgrade until we get to the airport.

Interesting - BA will let you go to the airport the night before to check in baggage? We fly at 8.10am in October from Gatwick with BA so it would definitely help if we could call in at the airport the night before and leave our bags, rather than have to take them to the hotel and then the car park / on the shuttle bus in the morning.

How come they let you check in bags without a booking reference but not choose seats?

Interesting - BA will let you go to the airport the night before to check in baggage? We fly at 8.10am in October from Gatwick with BA so it would definitely help if we could call in at the airport the night before and leave our bags, rather than have to take them to the hotel and then the car park / on the shuttle bus in the morning.

How come they let you check in bags without a booking reference but not choose seats?

I've only seen BA do that for Business Class or First Class. They've never let me do it, since I'm always in steerage.

Hi All

Check in at gatwick for BA flights can be night before between 4pm and 10 pm. I was told from BA, we can do this as long as we produce tickets, also do a bag drop. Saves dragging bags to hotel and back again next morning

In the past the BA booking reference was on the etickets MSC sent me.

Hi All

Check in at gatwick for BA flights can be night before between 4pm and 10 pm. I was told from BA, we can do this as long as we produce tickets, also do a bag drop. Saves dragging bags to hotel and back again next morning

Very useful to know - thank you.