Changing cabins within group on arrival at port

mjnfry

Hi folks,

I will be sailing with 10 others on Norwegian Epic in January 2016.

When booking the cruise we booked a cabin for my mum and sister to share as my sisters husband wasn't going to be able to come. However after booking, his circumstances changed and it now turns out he is able to come along. So to save name change fees through my TA and NCL we just booked him into a cabin by himself although realistically, he will obviously be sharing with my sister and my mum will be solo.

So, I was just wondering will it be straight forwards enough for NCL to change my Mum and brother in laws names around at check-in so that my Mum is in solo cabin?

Hope this makes sense to you all,

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Matt

That's great, thanks for your replies, I was just a bit worried that they would have outright refused and it would have caused problems at port but your replies have put my mind to rest. Many thanks :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most likely you can't actually change who is officially listed where - but as said, you can get extra keycards so that the person(s) changing cabin will have two: one for their onboard account and one for accessing the other cabin.

Edited by Demonyte

We've switched around before. For us it was easier to checkin as listed on the reservations and just go to guest services desk after boarding, they reassigned passengers with no trouble, no questions. Just an FYI-switch around your luggage tags so your bags arrive to the correct cabin and you don't have to move them around.

It might be easier and less confusing to have them issue cabin access only key cards to each of you for both cabins. They do that upon request. Then just each of you sleep in whichever cabin you want.

But the key card you'd get to another cabin would not have charging privileges for that cabin, but is simply a key to that cabin. The card/cash account is linked only to the one you get when checking in.

Edited by NMLady