Just off Explorer 9/18 9/25

wanda1213

Sharklover:

Could you please provide me more information on the Bacardi Rum Tour? DH/I will be in San Juan a year from now and we would like to go there. If we can go on our own and save some money that would be great. If you could tell me about the ferry, taxi, fee for tour, how long is the tour, is it worth it, etc. that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I was also on this cruise. I found the staff to be great. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful and to smile. I understand what it is like to have a smelly cabin, that is why I always take febreeze also. This was by far my favorite ship yet!! :D

Sharklover:

Could you please provide me more information on the Bacardi Rum Tour? DH/I will be in San Juan a year from now and we would like to go there. If we can go on our own and save some money that would be great. If you could tell me about the ferry, taxi, fee for tour, how long is the tour, is it worth it, etc. that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The water taxi is right beside the dock. It takes you across the bay for $1. There you can catch a cab (there are alot of them) to the factory. They give you free samples of their products, a tour of the outside of their buildings, and alot of history about the company and the products. You do not tour the factory. We enjoyed the tour and I would recommend it to others.The tour is free and takes about one hour.

It is what you make of it, but when the cabin smells so bad of smaoke you have to give your child an inhaler treatment, it kind of puts a damper on things. We had a good time on the ship, just our cabin was a huge dissappointment.

I too hate the smell of cigarettes. I would have been raising holy hell. I also take Febreeze and variousair fresheners to kill some of the stench. As for an iron, we have learned to hang or clothes on a hanger and hang them in the steamy hot shower for a few minutes. Takes the wrinkles right out!!!

We cruise on Explorer on 1/15/06.

By the way, how much was the soda pass??

I think it was $35. our last cruise.

Hi Sharklover:

Thanks so much for the information. Since RCI charges $30 a person for this tour, I would rather go on my own and save some money. Did the tours go all day long or at specific times? Any specific ferry to take or they all go to the same place? We're not too familiar with San Juan so I apologize for so many questions.

Thanks again!

BoopTennis-- The pools are still salt water. We also were on the Sept. 18th cruise and we had a great vacation. From the taxi to on board the ship was 30 minutes. We do recommend printing your Set Sail Pass. The crew was very friendly and the ship was in great condition. We ordered ice tea the first night and never had to order again. It always arrived within 5 minutes of sitting down. We would recommend this ship for anyone who wants to have a great time.

Archived