Tricks to make couch comfy for sleeping???

landlady1952

We've had one of those before, and the couch is actually a twin bed, made up during the daytime as a sofa, with big bolster pillows on it. At night, Stewart re-configures it into a twin bed. My mother thought it was very comfortable! Not sure if what ship/cabin you have booked, but our experience with it, several years ago on the Pride, was great.

Bring one of those cheap $2-5 blow up swim mattresses and only partially blow it up, put under sheets. Then deflate & dispose when you leave. I always bring one since the beds are usually very hard. I don't always have to use it, but it is there just in case & never comes home. They are on sale at this time of year in Walmart.

If you are driving and can afford to take an extra small suitcase....go to Walmart and purchase a twin size memory foam mattress - 2 inches thick. They are about $40 and worth every penny to save your back! Back pain can affect so many things on a vacation! I figure I've invested thousands for a vacation - it's worth it to cart the thing to and from home to save me! (Fellow non-spring chicken!!) :)

We've been in the same position, I make it a point to stop at Target or Walmart and buy a cheap foam twin mattress topper (under$20.00). You can carry it on and give it to the room attendant to put it on and also ask for them to add some extra padding like mattress cover or blanket. Tell them you want it softer, we've done this 3 times and it's always worked out.

I slept on the sofa on the Magic a few years ago. It was fine. And I am no spring chicken myself.

I agree, I, too, am no spring chicken and I always choose this when traveling with others. I found it very comfortable on the Magic twice. I also claim the underbed storage as my own and all my things are very handy - when in bed I can open the drawer and put my things away when I am ready to sleep. You can ask for an extra comforter to fold and use as extra padding, but I was fine without it.