Triple Room - FLL

Yarrowfell

Looking for a triple room (3 single adults) in FLL for 5th-7th Feb - flying in from Australia via NY. Even basic rooms seem expensive - is it holidays or something?

We are booked on the Allure departing 7th Feb and just need the 2 nights. I even tried Priceline (2 rooms) and no go.

What is your budget? My first thought for 3 people was the Embassy Suites on 17th St. It is $329 per night for your dates. This is for a 2 room suite - one bedroom and then a sofa bed in the living room. There is some value to this hotel as it includes a free cooked-to-order breakfast and an evening manager's reception with complimentary drinks and snacks. The hotel is very nice and has a gorgeous pool.

Prices will be high at this time of year due to Valentine's Day cruisers and the season itself.

Edited by mollyanne

Gallery One Doubletree has 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suites, which also have a sofa bed in the living room. But, these are also $450 a night that weekend. Good location to spend a couple days pre-cruise.

There are a couple other hotels with that kind of set up, but they are also pretty pricey that weekend.

Looking for a triple room (3 single adults) in FLL for 5th-7th Feb - flying in from Australia via NY. Even basic rooms seem expensive - is it holidays or something?

We are booked on the Allure departing 7th Feb and just need the 2 nights. I even tried Priceline (2 rooms) and no go.

It's peak season, the most expensive time of the year. You may be able to get something off hotwire but you'll pay close to $300. You can three people in a room with hotwire.

What do you have in mind for what a good price is? You can get the Comfort Suites near Oakwood plaza (SW 19th Crt, Dania Beach) for $275, ( $220 if you pay in advance). 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. Very new hotel, close to restaurants and shopping. Recent thread with pics of this hotel at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2259321

Edited by DanJ

What do you have in mind for what a good price is? You can get the Comfort Suites near Oakwood plaza (SW 19th Crt, Dania Beach) for $275, ( $220 if you pay in advance). 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. Very new hotel, close to restaurants and shopping. Recent thread with pics of this hotel at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2259321

Looks great. Can you tell me where is it $220 a night? I went to their website and it said no rooms available the nights we need.

Found it for $220 and all booked thanks. With the AUD taking a dive I want to prepaid as much of our holiday now as I can :-)

Canadian dollar has been doing the same and I have been paying down our cruise over the summer. Only another grand to go lol.

Canadian dollar has been doing the same and I have been paying down our cruise over the summer. Only another grand to go lol.

For the 1st time ever it was cheaper to book our cruise in Australia than with a US TA :eek:

Just trying to pay all the flights/accom now so it all done :-)

It sounds like you did great!

You have to be careful booking the Westin with the cruiselines....there are 2 Westins in Ft Lauderdale...one is near the port on the beach and the other one is on the northern border of the city, about a $40 cab ride from the airport and to the port. People often end up in the latter one when they book through the cruiselines.