Nursery and Adventure Ocean on Freedom of the Seas

lou_b_24

How does the nursery operate? Is it on a first come first served basis and what time do they open /close? My little boy will be 18 months when we travel as is usually a good sleeper. I assume they would page me if he became unsettled? Or do people see the in cabin baby sitting as the better option?

If my daughter who is 5 was to go to the Adventure Ocean in the evening would she be kept in her own age group or would it be more mixed? Do they do an activities in the evening or is it more a case of watching a film.

Thank you!

Can't comment on the nursery - but I know it works differently than Adventure Ocean. I believe you have to pay for infant care - if it's even available.

For Adventure Ocean - there is a group for 3-5 year olds, 6-8, 9-11 and teens. There are a LOT of activities. I have the Freedom Adventure Ocean cruise compasses if you want them - but I'm not sure if I can post them here. Let me know and i can email them to you.

My daughter is EXTREMELY excited about using the Adventure Ocean in October on our Freedom cruise.

Hope others can help with the nursery information.

How does the nursery operate? Is it on a first come first served basis and what time do they open /close? My little boy will be 18 months when we travel as is usually a good sleeper. I assume they would page me if he became unsettled? Or do people see the in cabin baby sitting as the better option?

If my daughter who is 5 was to go to the Adventure Ocean in the evening would she be kept in her own age group or would it be more mixed? Do they do an activities in the evening or is it more a case of watching a film.

Thank you!

We've used the Royal Tots Nursery...you sign up when you board the ship (get your bag of toys to use in your cabin for the entire cruise) and you can then make reservations during port days or for any evenings. A certain time in the afternoon the nursery area is open for "Open Play" no staff on duty. This was an amazing program staffed with professional well worth the $6.00-$8.00 fee per hour. When on the ship they give you a phone that they can contact you on and if your off the ship you give them your cell #.

• 2 weeks later...

we just returned from our first family cruise on FOS Sunday. My 6 yr old twins used AO club I think 3x for about 2 hours... They never wanted to go, but when we picked them up they said they had fun. (but have to be honest i wasn't that impressed) they will take kids until they are full (whatever that number is) our entire cruise in the evening the group of 6-8 and 9-11 was combined and it said they would be doing that on the AO compass every day.. The teen group of 12-14 15-17 was also combined the whole cruise (my older kids had no interest in that ) Can't comment on the nursery at all.

Sorry just noticed you said your dd was 5, guessing it must be separate as well. Didn't see any little ones in my boys group.

Last cruise my dd was almost 5 and she LOVED Adventure Ocean. I mean LOVE. She would barely sit through breakfast. She just begged to go the entire time. I feel like we never saw her except for meal times. She literally had more fun on that cruise than my husband and I combined. She is 8 now and she talks about Adventure Ocean to this day. We leave again in 3 weeks and she has been counting down for over a year.

For Adventure Ocean - there is a group for 3-5 year olds, 6-8, 9-11 and teens. There are a LOT of activities. I have the Freedom Adventure Ocean cruise compasses if you want them - but I'm not sure if I can post them here. Let me know and i can email them to you..

could you mail these to me Serene56@aol.com

we usually sail carnival but wanted to try Royal again