The more you spend the more C&A Points?

My favorite is the folks who say my 6 year old is Diamond in their own right. I guess they paid for that trip themselves.

Sorry I couldn't resist with this one..what about the couples where the wife doesn't work (as in actually employed by an employer)hasn't during the marriage but yet has been on numerous cruises and is "diamond in her own right". I don't see a difference here. And just to clarify my soon to be 4 year old has spent over 80 days at sea in a suites so yes he is diamond and the some in his own right, with our status he is diamond plus and then some.

Edited by CaribSailor

Exactly how do you think you "earned" your status? Did you mop decks or wash dishes on your way to D+ ? Your status was bought with cash. This is just another way of collecting it.

How would taking advantage of this program alter your ability to cruise? Unless your truly stupid enough to spend money just to get the points because they are there.

Seems to me if your concerned about points being earned and not purchased you would be calling for the end of multiple points for Suite passengers. The extra points there are clearly purchased with money after all.

Or is your real problem with the program that you fear those of us who will gain the 3 points per cruise by buying drink packages will over run the diamond loung while we are still under 80?

We've been Diamond for many years and we are still not qualified for Social Security or Medicare. We got that status by paying for cruises not over priced drinks and specialty dining. Not worried about the drink package buyers taking over the Diamond Lounge as our experience tells us they are in the regular bars or sleeping it off.

We've been Diamond for many years and we are still not qualified for Social Security or Medicare. We got that status by paying for cruises not over priced drinks and specialty dining. Not worried about the drink package buyers taking over the Diamond Lounge as our experience tells us they are in the regular bars or sleeping it off.

Your screen name doesn't exactly support your case here.

I see this as Royal providing incentives to drive the behavior they wish to see. If I was a Royal exec, I would rather provide the loyalty benefits to folks that have spent a lot of money on my line, then folks that haven't. So it makes sense to reward the folks that spend the money that provides solid return to shareholders.

I don't know this as a fact, but I can't imagine the company makes much money selling inside cabins to folks that do not spend on board. To then provide those folks with loyalty benefits is a double hit to the bottom line. Not saying they shouldn't provide those benefits, but pointing out the business case to support rewarding onboard spending.

Been in the DL you can have it. Would probably go if I needed a nap and a drink. Paying up for cruises? So if only nights spent are on a ship should count you wouldn't mind giving up the multiple points per night in a suite then?

Look at it this way, now you will have a whole new group of people to feel superior to while you have free drinks in the DL/CL.

I see this as Royal providing incentives to drive the behavior they wish to see. If I was a Royal exec, I would rather provide the loyalty benefits to folks that have spent a lot of money on my line, then folks that haven't. So it makes sense to reward the folks that spend the money that provides solid return to shareholders.

I don't know this as a fact, but I can't imagine the company makes much money selling inside cabins to folks that do not spend on board. To then provide those folks with loyalty benefits is a double hit to the bottom line. Not saying they shouldn't provide those benefits, but pointing out the business case to support rewarding onboard spending.

They want you to spend as much money as possible today as there is no guarantee you will be alive to book inside rooms for the next 25 years or even tomorrow.

Edited by CaribSailor

Been in the DL you can have it. Would probably go if I needed a nap and a drink. Paying up for cruises? So if only nights spent are on a ship should count you wouldn't mind giving up the multiple points per night in a suite then?

Look at it this way, now you will have a whole new group of people to feel superior to while you have free drinks in the DL/CL.

The diamond lounge is like night of the living dead...reminds me of the movie cocoon. Cruises are becoming like Florida home of the newly wed and nearly dead.

Edited by CaribSailor

a feeling of

You are the one talking about taking over the lounge. I abide by the rules in effect when I cruise. If they take away the extra points for booking suites it would not be retroactive so it wouldn't affect me in the least. It's not a feeling of superiority, it's a feeling of pity.

a feeling of

You are the one talking about taking over the lounge. I abide by the rules in effect when I cruise. If they take away the extra points for booking suites it would not be retroactive so it wouldn't affect me in the least. It's not a feeling of superiority, it's a feeling of pity.

Easy there... Guess you haven't been outside in a while. Take over the lounge?? The diamond lounge is where people like to pretend. Kind of like the Raccoon lodge. But hey that's what vacation is for right?

Edited by CaribSailor

Sorry I couldn't resist with this one..what about the couples where the wife doesn't work (as in actually employed by an employer)hasn't during the marriage but yet has been on numerous cruises and is "diamond in her own right". I don't see a difference here. And just to clarify my soon to be 4 year old has spent over 80 days at sea in a suites so yes he is diamond and the some in his own right, with our status he is diamond plus and then some.

A wife is different than a child, she makes contributions to the marriage/partnership. Do you really want to go here?

a feeling of

I'm pretty sure I never said we would, what I said was it's what you fear. The only thing I can think of I need less than your condescending attitude is your pity. Since we do 3 cruises a year, see ya in DL soon program or no program. I'll be easy to recognize I'll be the obnoxious uncultured hick doing shots!;) that's it I'm out enjoy your next cruise

Do people really like the idea of buying their status? Just seems strange to me.

I can only see doing this in a situation like someone else mentioned, where it'll push you to the next tier a cruise early. I can't imagine doing it every time, at least for us, since it would prevent us from cruising as often.

At any rate, I like the idea of the status levels being earned instead of bought. It's sort of like those free-to-play games. You can play them as much as you want but if you want to actually advance past a certain point, you better be ready to fork over some $.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding it though. What is it about Celebrity's loyalty program that people enjoy more?

Isn't it the same thing when booking a suite? A lot of people book a suite for the sole purpose of doubling their C&A points. And really it's not buying the status in my opinion. You cruise, you cruise several times you pay for those cruises and you earn the points. So if you usually buy a lot on the ship and you can get points for it, why not? It's the same concept, you are buying something to get something. Yes, it's not for everyone, and really if this is how the stipulation goes where you have to spend $450 per person for 3 points, frankly it's not for me either. But you can't just say oh someone is buying their status, because it's the same thing when someone will cruise solo in a suite to earn triple points. You buy it, and you are rewarded. plain and simple

A wife is different than a child, she makes contributions to the marriage/partnership. Do you really want to go here?

Actually I do. I know plenty of wives who do not contribute to a marriage financially. All they do is spend to keep themselves looking young and pretty. It's really no different. Days at sea are days at sea sorry. From a wife's perspective it's all about perception. It's not the 50s or 60s,70s and 80s where the wife takes care of the home anymore and in my post I said employed by an actual employer not a kept woman.

Edited by CaribSailor

I sincerely hope you and the other poster who made a similar comment realize that EVERYONE at every level in the C&A program "bought" their status. RCI didn't look at you the first time you happened to sashay onto a ship and scream "Oh my God...you are exactly the type of person we want in our "exclusive" lounges. Here, you are now Diamond Plus".

You attain the different levels by spending money with the cruise line. Why would you possibly care if the person sipping a free drink on the other side of the lounge attained that level with the help of onboard spending?

All the money goes to the same company. This is just a way for them to encourage you to spend money on the ship. That way, they don't have to wait a year (or longer) for the customer to take another cruise or risk them choosing another line for any of a multitude of reasons.

As far as that goes, I would like to see them change the program so that all cruises on all their lines earned points in one program. If the "perks" do not translate easily across the lines they could be different depending on the line...but you would "move up" on all their lines with every cruise.

Well you summed it up for me! I just read yours after I posted a similar lengthy reply lol

I've been taking my baby sister on cruises since she was 3.. she's 21 now. I WISH she would start paying for her own! lmao.

I finally cut the cord on my kids this year, they are always invited as long as they can pay! Lol poor little darlings got shorted I only bought them up to emerald! :p

Did an inside once and it was not for us. That being said, there are many people who choose an inside and it is not necessarily an indication that they won't spend on board. Maybe they will even spend more it they saved on the cabin.:D

Actually I do. I know plenty of wives who do not contribute to a marriage financially. All they do is spend to keep themselves looking young and pretty. It's really no different. Days at sea are days at sea sorry. From a wife's perspective it's all about perception. It's not the 50s or 60s,70s and 80s where the wife takes care of the home anymore and in my post I said employed by an actual employer not a kept woman.

Never said anything about finances. They do things that make our lives easier. This could be said of a husband as well, trying not to be sexist. The point is children don't really provide that level of service.

As always, YMMV

John we need to have a shot together on Freedom in 2 weeks! Lol

I'm not going, my kept woman is going solo. Just kidding, Laura is going solo. Anyway are you on the 11th or 18th? I am planning on attending the pre sail get together on 10th and 17th.